Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was comin home from the store. got into the turn around rigt next to a cop. my diffs are welded and i got flows that dump. so it is loud. well i pull up with the radio screamin and i didnt turn it down. so i pull out and he goes as soon as my tires spun he slammed the brakes flipped his lights and decided to pull me over. so i pull into a parking lot. turn the truck off and wait. i happened to get a short guy who couldnt really see in my truck. so he asked me to get out. i get out and he reads me the riot act about spinnig tires and radio to loud. so i try to explain it has a locker. better than tryn to say its welded. so i finally get it into his head that i wasnt tryn to spin em it just happens. everywhere i go. so he was like show me this locker. so i went to get in and he was like i though you said its in the rear end. yes sir its in the rear end and no i wont pull my diff cover here and show you. ill drive in a circle so you can see what it does though. so i do that and he is happy. i though. then he starts bitchn about sound ordinnces when he gets a call and hops his short fat arce back into his car and leaves :stan:. that took me almost 45 mins to get through to him. it pissed me off. sry for the long post.

·
Countryboy
1,599 Posts
You live in Farmington, driving on the street with welded diffs, and pretty much being an attention magnet in general with poor sound discipline.

Duh.
Once the ring and pinion are damaged. He won't be driving it that much. Yes the ring and pinion in the diff will eventually become so damaged he won't be able to drive it until he repairs it. He also will need to replace the carrier as well.

·
I got a gold chain
16,447 Posts
Once the ring and pinion are damaged. He won't be driving it that much. Yes the ring and pinion in the diff will eventually become so damaged he won't be able to drive it until he repairs it. He also will need to replace the carrier as well.
oh lord

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
If he has the proper permits the ring and pinion will last as long as said permits state it will.

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,263 Posts
I have seen welded diffs go for a long time.

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Your morning coffee would taste really good with a splash of chlorox and a dash of arsenic. :drink:

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea it was a good day. only reason i left the radio up was cause my box wasnt on. and my windows were up. i have heard of people haveing welded diffs for a long while. but i bought the axles that way. i wana do 4.88s and a locker in the rear. welded is so hard on tires.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
If he has the proper permits the ring and pinion will last as long as said permits state it will.
:sonicjay::sonicjay:

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,122 Posts
damn, mines been like that for 10 years now, must be getting ready to give up the ghost soon

·
atv rider
6,556 Posts
i got pulled over last night because i "crossed the line" cop pulled me over figurin i was commin home from the bar then i told him i was gettin pizza and he all a sudden became my buddie talkin aobut the old days of off roading ... pretty funny

·
Poseur Extraordinaire
4,349 Posts
I got pulled over yesterday morning doing the speed limit on I-96 (yes...my rig does actually go 70). He pulled me over because he couldn't see if I had my seat belt on through my illegally tinted windows....no mention of my illegal fenders...possibly illegal tail lights...dead body in the back seat....

spent last night peeling off the tinting....:(

1 - 20 of 35 Posts