Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
That looks like a good quality American made cell. If it was Chinese I would be a little more worried about the aluminum welds cracking in a buggy without baffles

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
My gas tank doesn’t have a baffle, why would a cell be any different?
Valid point :thumb:

You're worried about fuel sloshing in a rig that doesn't move. Make it move, then worry about sloshing........ My fuel cell has no baffle, so far so good.
:finger: touche :sonicjay:

That looks like a good quality American made cell. If it was Chinese I would be a little more worried about the aluminum welds cracking in a buggy without baffles

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
:thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Been plugging away at the chassis still. Just love metal fabrication so that's been the focus off my efforts. But also have been working on getting a fuel system figured out so I can keep making forward progress. Plan this weekend is to add windshield bars and maybe fully burn in some of these tubes. And I think I'm going to start to try and figure out doors.

Added some triangulation to the rear, lower frame

Bolt-in crossmember to tie the two shock locations together.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
Sure am glad you are ready for fuel cell baffles. :sonicjay:
What can I say...the engineer in me is constantly looking ahead, trying to figure things out to the last detail. Its a blessing and a curse :sonicjay: And I know how my brain works...if I'm not looking ahead and figuring out the next step, then I'll drag my feet and progress will slow.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts