Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
181 - 200 of 232 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Its great when you can sit in it and play with the switches and things turn on/off. You are almost there!
Oh yeah! Every time I'm able to sit in the seat, hit that start button, fire it up, sit there in the seat while its rumbling.....gives me chills. Probably one of the proudest moments in my life that I've even been able to get it to this point. Not going to lie, I had very little clue what I was doing when I started this build and amazes me what I've accomplished.

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,655 Posts
Have you thought ahead as to how you're going to secure wiring? May be easier while you've got the room to drill and tap 1/4-20 holes for P clamps around the chassis as necessary.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
Those are awesome plates for securing things to the frame. Nice job!!!!
Can't say it was all my design. Offroad Anonymous sells something very similar. I took their basic design, tweaked to a size I wanted, and made it so I can cut them in half for smaller items. I like to support local companies but when its something I can design myself and have cut at work I'm going that route.

Zip Tie Plumbing Tab - Panel Tab - Offroad Anonymous

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,325 Posts
Progress is coming along very nicely! Those zip tie mounts are sweet. I'll have to make some of those! I could have made thousands of those with how much scrap I've thrown out in 3 years lol. DOH!

Hurry up, get it done so we can go wheel.

Are you done yet?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
I'm looking forward to a productive weekend in the garage. Low pressure hydro parts should be here Saturday...going to put the hose fittings on things and make sure I can route hoses where I had planned. I've got what I need to work on a few of the interior sheet metal panels a bit. Going to grab a new serpentine belt tonight after work. Need a new one after swapping to the new style intake/belt tensioner. I should start cleaning brackets off the new front 60 but that is something I dread and probably wont have time.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,325 Posts
don't let the crack heads see the copper!!! That is an interesting power steering cooler and reminds me of an ORI strut body. I like the intake idea. Mine inhales hot air as it sites rite behind the radiator fan.....but I'm not worried enough by it to make a change :ROFLMAO: Project is coming along nicely. @Mihlfeldl2005 and I would love to make a Badlands trip soon.........

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,655 Posts
don't let the crack heads see the copper!!! That is an interesting power steering cooler and reminds me of an ORI strut body. I like the intake idea. Mine inhales hot air as it sites rite behind the radiator fan.....but I'm not worried enough by it to make a change Project is coming along nicely. @Mihlfeldl2005 and I would love to make a Badlands trip soon.........
Ughhh.... Fine I'll go wash it...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
don't let the crack heads see the copper!!!
🤣

Does look like an ORI body. They put a lot of engineering into it. Hopefully it works as well as it looks. Depending on what weekend you guys come down I'll try and make an appearance. Let me know when you guys have a date in mind.

Spent a few nights last week doing more panel work and try to finish up the wiring. Hoping to put some more time tomorrow cleaning up the front axle to make it ready for a truss, brackets, and ram mount.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
No slacking here 😁 Just working on it as life lets me. No major progress lately but keep plugging away at what I can. Finished wiring all the cooling fans. More time cleaning up the new D60. Fabbed bracket for the throttle cable and got the brake pad set. Made a bracket to give the intake tube support and a block off plate that's welded to the intake tube to close that area off. That was a fun little project.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Rim Bicycle part
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Pipeline transport Bumper Rim

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,325 Posts
nice! Little a day adds up.

There would be times i'd get the garage all nice and warm in the winter.... just to go out there for 30 mins. Make 1 bracket, drill 1 hole, do a little welding....it all adds up.

181 - 200 of 232 Posts