Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Lumbermonkey/pedalpusher
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As in,meh....good enough.I'm in the process of throwing together a second jeep to use up some of the parts I have laying around.78 cj5 frame,older glass body,small block chevy. Amc 20 rear,30 front.The goal is to barter some of my extra parts for the parts I need to finish this,then wheel the hell out of it.

55-71 tub, 78 frame and running gear,dash and heater assembly, 69 windshield, 73 sbc, 82 grille, 80 wagoneer tilt column and bucket seats, wagoneer radiator, TJ gas tank, old-ass Viking winch.

I cut some of the mounting flange off the grill to make the radiator fit.
The rear is an AMC 20 with Moser axles and a Trac Loc that had some busted clips in it, so now it's welded.

I swapped some other stuff and got a bigger bumper for the front, and mounted an old Viking winch.

Attachments

·
Lumbermonkey/pedalpusher
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pretty much true. 55-71 tub, 78 frame and running gear,dash and heater assembly, 69 windshield, 73 sbc, 82 grille, 80 wagoneer tilt column and bucket seats, wagoneer radiator, TJ gas tank, old-ass Viking winch.

Next mods will be home-made flat fenders and swapping the rear axle for one with a Trac-lock and Moser shafts.

·
Lumbermonkey/pedalpusher
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another pic. I repainted the steel top from my 74, painted the wheels flat black,moved the fuel inlet,and made some half doors from two layers of MDO plywood.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
Another pic. I repainted the steel top from my 74, painted the wheels flat black,moved the fuel inlet,and made some half doors from two layers of MDO plywood.
LOL I love the Doors. I made some plywood half doors for my TJ. They looked pretty good after I rhino lined them.

Cool project:thumb:

·
Lumbermonkey/pedalpusher
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I got the hood cut and checked the fit. I still need to make some angled braces to brace between the fender and the grille. Not sure if I am going to put a light in the brace, or on the edge of the fender. Ideas?

Attachments

·
Lumbermonkey/pedalpusher
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Painted. It's a shame my welding style is not the stack of dimes most of you manage. My welds are more like the march of dimes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,992 Posts
i say no light and why not factory style latches?

1 - 20 of 147 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.