Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
[
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well I got the engine fired up last night now to finish the motor mounts set the timing and a few other things I’m forgetting then I can start driving/wheeling this thing again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
[
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That's sweet! Where do you think your first run is going to be?

Not sure I’m going to drive it for a while first get a few miles on it while I do some work on my powerstroke it will either be the mounds or west branch

·
Registered
713 Posts
Not sure I’m going to drive it for a while first get a few miles on it while I do some work on my powerstroke it will either be the mounds or west branch

You go to west branch pm me. If i can get my trans in by then, I'll tag along! There are shit tons of good trails up there, plus the free area is pretty good too.

·
[
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You go to west branch pm me. If i can get my trans in by then, I'll tag along! There are shit tons of good trails up there, plus the free area is pretty good too.

I know I have a cabin up there been in my family since the 70’s

·
Registered
713 Posts
I know I have a cabin up there been in my family since the 70’s

Nice, that makes lodging a breeze for you. I'm only about 20 minutes south of there, so we've been up there a few times, but not enough to really know my way around very well. Let me know, though, and I'll try to get my rig ready.

·
[
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I have slowly been picking away at this. It’s hard to get motivated in the cold. I plumbed the radiator and heater core and installed my Taurus fan. I need to wire it up yet but at least it’s in. The trans shift linkage is done I installed my twin sticks on the 205 I changed out my rear yoke on the tcase waiting for a seal for the front out put then I need driveshafts still need to run the trans lines, run a vacuum line to the c6 fill all the fluids tighten everything down then take it for a drive.

·
[
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well a few up dates I drive the Jeep to work a few days ago drove okay. I also picked up a fuel cell new on amazon it’s not a rci but looks to be built pretty well. For $135 shipped to my door it looks good. Now it’s time to start planning my rear suspension. Also started ordering the stuff to re gear it also.

The picture are kind of crappy but the cell will get closed off and I’m shooting for the filler neck in the stock location

·
[
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Haven’t updated this in a while I got my fuel cell install finished I ran 2 new lines for the feed and return. Also moved my battery in the rear and plan to do a double battery set up as my fan draws a lot of power. I also plan to close it all off. From the inside.

Also finished one of the fill panels for the front fenders

That’s all for now until I order the gears and locker for the front.

·
[
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Got a little work done on the Jeep I redid my front shock mounts and dropped the front about 6” I like the ride height much better now. I also started swapping out the steel wheels for my h2 wheels. It’s a good thing to have access to a tire machine

·
[
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Got it sitting back on its own weight new wheels mounted and on it drives much better now that I redid the track bar and lowered the front. It sits 26” to the bottom of the front bumper 22” belly height now to turn my attention to the rear. My boy always has to be in the pictures. I don’t mind having a little helper. That’s the way my dad raised me and it kept mo in the garage and out of trouble when I was a teenager.

·
[
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Haven’t updated this in a long time. Jeep has sat all year with the occasional trip around the back yard it took a back seat when I tore my powerstroke down. The truck is almost back together and I have gotten the itch to work on the Jeep again. I’m currently making a list of parts so I can get the rear linked and back halved. I’m also planning on a building a new front bumper relocating my anti rock and steering box.

·
Registered
949 Posts
What are the lengths of your front control arms? Did the truss help with the swap or did it negate itself when you went to coilovers? Looking to do something similar on my TJ and I like how yours turned out. With moving the front axle forward 4", were there any modifications needed on your steering box?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts