Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

121 - 140 of 227 Posts

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #123 (Edited)
Crossover pipe input required....

I bought the holley manifolds and crossover pipe. Maybe less the 1k miles in and the flex coupling cracks and leaks (wastegate at 16psi). I had to weld in a solid pipe to get by. I bought a new crossover, should I just keep the modified pipe on the car or put the new one in and take the chance of another fail away from home? Both manifolds are cast, pipe connects the two.

Attachments

·
N8KVB
4,390 Posts
Crossover pipe input required....

I bought the holley manifolds and crossover pipe. Maybe less the 1k miles in and the flex coupling cracks and leaks (wastegate at 16psi). I had to weld in a solid pipe to get by. I bought a new crossover, should I just keep the modified pipe on the car or put the new one in and take the chance of another fail away from home? Both manifolds are cast, pipe connects the two.
Used to deal with similar bellows failure at work, though its been a few years. Failure like the picture is usually from torsion twist along the axial plane of the tube. Did you buy chance have to force it to get it to line up with the mating piece?

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Been acquiring parts, been laid up with a reagrevated back injury.

But I got a call from jet hot today that my pipes are done and shipping out today.

Trans is still at the builder.

Has a setback with me wheels so I had to send all four back and had to find new ones, should see those Friday. Hopefully they fit.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Been acquiring parts, been laid up with a reagrevated back injury.

But I got a call from jet hot today that my pipes are done and shipping out today.

Trans is still at the builder.

Has a setback with me wheels so I had to send all four back and had to find new ones, should see those Friday. Hopefully they fit.

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
I had 18x9 torq thrusts on it.

I wanted a bigger tire out back and they didn't make a 18x10 that fit so I upgraded to a 20x10.

I then later upgraded my front brakes to larger. And the 18" torq thrusts didn't clear the calipers. So I jumped to 20x8.5 to match the rears.

Well, I got the fronts in, one came one day and the second another. I rest fitted the first one and was good. So I mounted them up and brought them home.

Three weeks later I went to put them on last weekend, and the other front wheel was 5x4.75 not 5x4.5. It was boxed wrong. They don't even offer that wheel in 5x4.75 anymore. And apperently they are discontinuing that wheel I had ordered the last two. So they couldn't find me a replacement. So I'm sending all four back and getting refunded.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts

I wanted a bigger tire out back and they didn't make a 18x10 that fit so I upgraded to a 20x10.

I then later upgraded my front brakes to larger. And the 18" torq thrusts didn't clear the calipers. So I jumped to 20x8.5 to match the rears.

Well, I got the fronts in, one came one day and the second another. I rest fitted the first one and was good. So I mounted them up and brought them home.

Three weeks later I went to put them on last weekend, and the other front wheel was 5x4.75 not 5x4.5. It was boxed wrong. They don't even offer that wheel in 5x4.75 anymore. And apperently they are discontinuing that wheel I had ordered the last two. So they couldn't find me a replacement. So I'm sending all four back and getting refunded.
Bummer

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
When they are your primary wheel vendor for your company, and your company is 120+ stores deep, they should bend over backwards :sonicjay:

·
Registered
3,699 Posts

back to square one :( with less calendar to work with

RBB

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
New wheels will be here Friday for me to test fit. And yes, I'll be test fitting all four lol. I'm not sure on the rear. The new rears will sit .500" further out from the hub then the other 20x10s.

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
#BSTDMRC #LSSWAPPEDMARAUDER by Cheapthrillb2, on Flickr

#BSTDMRC #LSSWAPPEDMARAUDER by Cheapthrillb2, on Flickr
Today's project. Drove to lane automotive (1.5 hrs one way) to put hands on the B&m and tci shifters. Didn't know which I wanted so wanted to feel them out..... Well they are absolutely identical. I couldn't find a difference in any way between the two. Pretty happy with the turn out aside from the screw heads in the panel. But couldn't come up with a way to make the indicator bezel tight to it w/o doing it. Thankfully I had spare center console parts to practice with.

Old shifter didn't line up with gear pattern (Ford VS Chevy) and had no lockout from park to first so any bump of the shifter and it moved easily. I hit neutral at the track on accident and bounced it over 7k and 16 psi at 120mph.

I was bummed I didn't get a mullet in the box or a foot shaped gas pedal.

I would of got an outlaw shifter or Diablo style but since I do drive it on the street the reverse lockout lever seemed it would get pretty old pretty fast. And I wasn't sure how clean of a install I could make with that style.
Got the new bezel in for shifter, and mounted my new buttons.

Attachments

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Close up of the billetbuttons I used.

20190311_134105 by Cheapthrillb2, on Flickr

Shifter reinstalled. Hopefully last time. This bezel actually came from a hpp I found in a self serve junkyard.

2019-03-17_05-36-22 by Cheapthrillb2, on Flickr

Also installed a better fuel filter.

2019-03-17_05-35-33 by Cheapthrillb2, on Flickr

Looking at the plugs from last season, might have to dial the timing back a touch. Little close to the base of the plug.

20190303_163358 by Cheapthrillb2, on Flickr

20190303_163358 by Cheapthrillb2, on Flickr

I also decided to put a thicker radiator in it.

20190305_141543 by Cheapthrillb2, on Flickr

Still waiting on the transmission to get done. Got to wait for that before I can do a lot more of the bigger work, also waiting on a new engine harness. I usually build my own, well modify original harness. But I found a cheap overseas supplier, so I am gonna thoroughly inspect and test their harness before install.

121 - 140 of 227 Posts