Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

41 - 60 of 227 Posts

·
The Green Machine
4,196 Posts
Aaaaand this is why forums are still cool. I've seen the pics on facebook but never really paid attention. Lots of work into this thing.

x2, and it's the way to do build threads. Wait until you're almost complete with the project to post them. Then there isn't 45 pages of bullshit in between each new picture from a different angle of the same shit that hasn't had anything done to it.

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Yeah I kinda sand bagged a bit lol. I wanted to wait till I was pretty far into that way I could get past the whole Chevy in a Ford bs.

Its pretty unpopular in a few marauder Facebook groups I'm in :sonicjay:

They only made 11000 marauders between 03-04. But the value doesn't really reflect rare. And let's be honest. In 20 yrs nobody is gonna care about a 4dr sedan.

·
Balls Deep
4,548 Posts
Maybe they'll be happy you made theirs more rare.

I'm not going to say I'm a huge fan of the LS swap, but I also don't particularly like the fancy 32 valve 4.6. And for that level of power, the 32V is pretty expensive.

Sweet build, gay Chevy parts or not, haha!

·
The Green Machine
4,196 Posts
I don't care who puts what engine into what to be honest. And take a look at the Fox body guys, the only way to make them fast/competitive is to put an LS under the hood.

They are the cheapest way to get power nowadays. And the stock bottom end holds up good to a moderate turbo setup.

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
The Gen4 rotating assemblies stock, are Taking 20+ psi and 1000 hp. Typically the piston ring lands fail first.

·
The Green Machine
4,196 Posts
So when are you upping yours? lol Does that thing feel fast on the strip, or does it still feel like a boat, just a boat hauling ass? I've always liked the Marauders, something about them...

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
It's feel slow till the boost comes in. Then hold the fawk on lol. Atleast by myself lol. Throw 4 dudes in it and it significantly slows down lol. Race weight is 4600lbs

I like "safe". I probably won't go past 17. I'll hit that 600 dyno # and then dial it back. That aem boost controller is tits. My waste gate has a 7psi spring in it. And at the touch of a button I can adjust up from there.

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
It doesn't feel slow out of boost, it feels like a 4600lb car with a driver in it with a loose converter and 323 cubic inches under the hood. :sonicjay: Fix the trans, add another fuel pump, meth injection, the flex fuel sensor, a tank full of e85, turn boost to 20 and party!

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I'll see what the Jmod is all about.

It's the only MGM with a console I came across, and I looked at a lot. They all have the 50/50 split seat that I hate. I did all the research, and had a set of P71 seats & brackets all picked out to swap from a local yard. I found a couple CV's with a console, but they were different, and still a column shift. (and the consoles were all busted up)

I really wanted an 03+, but just couldn't find "the car" that jumped at me. This one did, and I'm kinda glad. I've found that the 98-02's are kinda their own thing, and have a lot of upgrades that carried onto the 03+. They got bigger brakes and 16" wheels, but retained a little bit of dish on the wheels, so cool wheels are easier to fit. If I choose to go with the "lifted" look, the gearbox type steering is easier to work with from my understanding.

This thing even has remote heater controls on the steering wheel!

I'll likely hit you up with a few questions about these rigs, as I know you've had several.

I've already learned about the heater hose nipple on the back of the intake leaking, making it misfire on #4. getting the cat hot, lighting the insulation of fire, and then blasting you in the face with hot antifreeze when you bump the heater hose looking for what is on fire.

I kicked a bucket so hard the US soccer team want's to hire me!
:nana:

Attachments

41 - 60 of 227 Posts