Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

201 - 220 of 227 Posts

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
4 wheel power disc swap (currently 4 wheel manual drum)

Lower it 1.5-2" with aftermarket control arms

New wheels and tires

Possible leaf to 4 link conversion

Then drive it for the summer. 327 4spd.

Next winter LS swap and 4l80e

·
Axle breakin' 101
3,119 Posts
I would leave the drive train intact if its an original 327 car. Those are great engines, keep it original. Too much LS in everything in my opinion, nice car. Suspension and brakes definitely.

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
It's not the original trans or engine. If it was more then a base model car I might leave it alone. But, it's just the entry level model.

·
Yooper In Training
7,057 Posts
I probably won't turbo. I don't want to cut up sheet metal to make room for the intercooler etc.
Just quoting this so in 6 months when the car is tubed out with twins and a giant intercooler we can look back on this silly comment. Go ahead and order the mini tubs for the rear, I bet they won't even get surface rust before you install them.:teehee:

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
It's been 13 days since I brought it home (purchased) .... But I've....

Swapped the 4 wheel drum Manaul brakes for 4 wheel power disc brakes. W/new booster, valve, and master.
Complete new brake lines and hoses. Swapped all the 7/16 lug studs for longer 1/2 studs.
Swapped the 4 control arms for aftermarket arms w/ proforged ball joints. Lower coil buckets drop ride height 2"s retaining stock height coils.
New moog coil springs and bilstien shocks.
Swapped the sway bar for a Hotchkiss 1.5" bar.
New Hotchkiss rear 1.5" drop leafs with new shackles and bushings.
New mufflers 😂. And rebuilt/sealed the manifold to pipe connections.
Plugs, fuel filter and hoses, and fuel pump. Air cleaner.
Wheels and tires
Moser diff cover and fluid change.
New pedal pads lol.
Rear package tray replaced.
Rear bilstien shocks are on the way.

Can't wait to put some miles (and smiles) on it. Won't be as "fun" as my marauder to drive. But I bet I'll enjoy it more.

Attachments

·
Gustafson
9,088 Posts
:rock: Very Nice! I look forward to seeing the "build" on this one. :teehee:

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Been working on the interior now..

2014 camaro sears and console. Relocated the parking brake to the console and picked up a new tilt steering column.

Attachments

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Yeah. It took a bit of work. I refused to modify the floor pans to better fit the seats. So it's about perfect for me. But if your taller then me, probably not gonna be comfortable to drive lol.

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,263 Posts
love that interior!

·
Got rocks?
3,921 Posts
Ok help me understand this. Here is how I see your transition:

FORD Ford ford Ford/Jeep ford/jeep ford/jeep/chevy ford/jeep/CHEVY and here we are today.

Is this kinda like a Bruce to Caitlyn type transition, or are you just unsure of your identity?

:teehee:

All joking aside, as always, love to follow your builds. :)

·
throttle jockey
1,656 Posts
Nice car. You are probably not but I have a 327/powerglide out of a 1st gen camaro if you’re interested in it before I scrap it. Trying to really clean out some stuff after my move to the new shop

201 - 220 of 227 Posts