Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive been on here for a while and decieded it was time to start my build..i picked this up 2 years ago for 700 and started working on it.. i got it running and started from there.. heres a few pics from when i got it.. it has a black diamond lift and on 33x12.5 at

youll notice the brush guard missing yeah first time i got it stuck and realized i had no tow points.. as you can see the brush guard didnt last.. well one night sitting at home drinking decided i wanted a different color so taped it off and rolled it on.. yes rolled..lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
ive added a 2" spacer \ shackle lift, rough country 9000 shocks and braided lines. also a JKS track bar and motion offroad 1 ton steering. also a new set of wild country mtx's
started working on it this summer i found some rust free doors from an 86 mj so i modded the hinges to have lift off doors and fixed the floor boards and cut the flares off..

heres the back plates shaved down

rusty floors

flint stone time..lol

all welded up

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got the floor all sealed up both sides and it was time to loose the bench. i have a set of seats from a fox body mustang gt that are nice so here we go..

one done

heres both

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
what happened to the pain? looks good makes me wish i never sold my mj

·
Jackstand Wheeler
1,114 Posts
what happened to the paint?
I'm guessing "..so taped it off and rolled it on.." meant just that, and not "taped it off, sanded everything, wiped down with laquer thinner, then rolled on paint mixed for application with a roller."

Either way, if it looked good for longer than it took to do it...you win.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah house paint just doesnt hold up on a car who woulda guessed . it made it look better for a bid. its was temporary now im fixing the rust and then painting it the right way..

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
i wasn't knocking the piant just wondering if he was working on doing somthing else or if like said it just wore off

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah it was just a temporary thing I'm Working on getting rid of the rust right now. And then getting a single stage paint after I'm done with the body.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
ic i got lazy on fixing rust and bought another xj that was rust free lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats what i was looking for originaly but couldnt pass up the mj. i have a 95 2dr im going to be selling here soon..

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
yeah i like my two door but the boy and uibody have seperated and im kinda over it like the option i have with the 4dr

1 - 13 of 13 Posts