Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Banned
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought the truck for $900. 84 Ranger 4x4 std cab shortbed. Solid truck except for the driver door and cab corners, no big deal. Came with a 289v8, C4 with C5 tailhousing, 1350 manual and stock axles..along with a 3" body lift.

Decided to swap in a 302 with a cam, 4bbl intake and carb etc..swapped the C4 for AOD and added a 208 tcase.

Swapped the d28 front out for a d35 out of a Ranger, and added 5.5 superlift brackets, 4" coils with a 1" spacer. Also swapped in a 8.8 rearend with a couple added leafs to the pack and a tapered block to fix the pinion angle.

What is looked like after the lift and axle swaps..

·
Big Block Ranger
2,698 Posts
Is this the truck the shift kit is going into?

·
Big Block Ranger
2,698 Posts
What cam do you have in the 302?

·
Banned
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All the work about took place last year. I have now acquired an Early Bronco d44 front axle with 3.50 gears. I picked up a set of 4.10's for it. Currently d35 is ripped out and the d44 is being torn down and ready to be geared. Plans are 3.5 EB springs and coil buckets, 79 Bronco Radius Arm mounts and Outers..a few pics below to show my recent progress within a month.

·
Captain Jack Sparrow
2,316 Posts
are you going to make extended radius arms? and what size tires are you going to run?

·
Big Block Ranger
2,698 Posts
according to the passed owner its e303 motorsport cam, i know it has something in there better than factory.
I have the B303 in mine and it works well, I think the E303 is the next one down from mine. How is the idle?

·
Captain Jack Sparrow
2,316 Posts
it's got a lumpy idle to it but the b303 cam has an even more lumpy idle and yes your right his cam is one lower from yours

·
Big Block Ranger
2,698 Posts
It is an HO with the roller cam right? If so, would you be interested in an MSD dizzy?

·
Big Block Ranger
2,698 Posts
no body seems to want it :( Oh well it will just keep collecting dust then.

·
Big Block Ranger
2,698 Posts

·
Big Block Ranger
2,698 Posts
PM me a link when you get them up somewhere, i would like to see them

1 - 20 of 148 Posts