Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
91 XJ

so i bought a used Rusty's 3" lift springs and shocks from a guy on here and installed the springs today. I didnt have time to finish the shocks so i put on my tires to see how much lift i gained. i havent put in the rear lift yet because i needed to see how much the front was going to be lifted.

i got 1.5 inches on the left side and 2.5 inches on the right side. the shocks arent in yet but will those make a difference with the lift on either side?

kind of stuck here. I could put in a 1" spacer on the left side.

I dont know what to do.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was told today that i should switch the springs. the one that i put on the left maybe for the right since there is more weight on the right side of the vehicle.

im using 2" blocks most likely for the rear. i have the upcountry package and so i have a 1" lift over stock.

·
Reed my teef
2,723 Posts
yea that might be a problem. which way are they supposed to sit in an xj?
rotate them until the end of the coil spring bumps into the cast in stop on the axle. you'll know it when you see it. The coil won't turn anymore. Just remember to use your coil keepers so they don't twist again or fall out.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rotate them until the end of the coil spring bumps into the cast in stop on the axle. you'll know it when you see it. The coil won't turn anymore. Just remember to use your coil keepers so they don't twist again or fall out.

and yea i know about the coil keepers but thanks for the extra tip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts