Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
"RHINO ZJ"
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went out to Mt. Morris to my buddies property to wheel.

Nothing much. Nice track for the quads and the dirt bikes, a little water hole.

There was this one spot that they nick named the ditch line. I found out why. Looks are deceiving.

So a chain, a winch and a snatch strap later it finally took 2 Jeeps, my 1 Ton Doge Mega Cab Dually and my 9500ti winch to get me out.

Don and Eli gave it their best shot. Don broke a chain, and Eli lost his winch. Finally Jeff, Eric, and my wife pulled me out.

Thanks Jeff & Eric from 2 Track Minds Offroad and to Don for having us out to his property.

Here are some pictures of the adventure. Video is coming tomorrow.

LITTLE HOLE:

LOOKS ARE DECEIVING:

SNATCH STRAP BROKE:

THIS DOESN'T DO THE HOLE JUSTICE:

SO VIDEO IS COMING SOON. THANKS FOR LOOKING.

ANTHONY

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
doing alot of offroading, since everyone was calling it a show truck???

·
******* truck club
1,492 Posts
wouldnt it of been easier to be pull out badwords insted of pullin it through the hole??? nice pics though!!

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
Did the weight of that cage overwhelm your Hemi? :tonka:

Wow, you had it buried . . . I agree with it looks like you could just walk through it.

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
i have zj envy real bad, that thing is sweeeeet!

·
"RHINO ZJ"
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey where did you get the cage work done?
a lil offtopic...

anyways thats a damn good stuck...

Actually the property we were on is the guy who built the cage. He used to work with Jeff and Eric over at 2 Track minds Offroad when it was called The Jeep Outfitters.

If you want a cage call 'em up (810) 659-1300 or check out their website at 2tmo.com

I am sure they can hook you up with something.

Thanks on the stuck. Did you see what I found after I washed it? Go here and check it out

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=58901

Thanks for looking,
Anthony

·
propane evangelist
798 Posts
lemme know the next time you decide to go out to the mounds... I'll show you some trails where you can clean some of the paint off that exo

·
"RHINO ZJ"
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wouldnt it of been easier to be pull out badwords insted of pullin it through the hole??? nice pics though!!

We tried pulling it out backwards. Seems like I am repeating my self, we broke a chain and a blew a winch on a buddies jeep.

The problem was we were dragging a wall of muck behind the front axle so it was stopping us from getting out.

We pulled from the front but after breaking a strap, we hooked up my 9500ti to my 1 ton dodge dually, and then hooked up 2 other jeeps after the tractor lost a cluutch.

You had to be there I guess to see what really happened and why it happened the way it did.

Anthony

·
"RHINO ZJ"
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lemme know the next time you decide to go out to the mounds... I'll show you some trails where you can clean some of the paint off that exo

I will definitely let you know, after I fix the axle shafts.

I want to challenge the jeep.

Thanks for the invite,
Anthony

·
"RHINO ZJ"
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HAHA :tonka:

mounds and now a mud hole?

to bad it's broke...better get it fixed for the pig gig dammit!

p.s. back to fixing my spring..:(

I will do what I can, the problem isn't just the jeep, my kids both have soccer games that saturday.

We will see what happens.

Anthony

1 - 20 of 22 Posts