Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, couple Qs. First off I'm going to run the serpentine belt setup off the 4.0L. Does anyone know how the 4.0L power steering pump compares to the saginaw pump on the older rigs? Pressure output about the same or better? Are the inlet/outlet the same size/thread?

Thanks guys,

aa

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
1,658 Posts
Threads will probably be metric on the 4.0, but the line size would be the same so you could use a compression fitting to connet the two. The old box should work with the newer pump.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
go to napaonline.com and look up the pump for your vehicle and then for the vehicle that you wanna use the pump from. napa actually lists specs on their site with alot of their parts. when i was trying to find a better steering box for my XJ, i used their site to cross numbers between grand wagonner, chevy, ford and dodge boxes. works really sweet.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
go to napaonline.com and look up the pump for your vehicle and then for the vehicle that you wanna use the pump from. napa actually lists specs on their site with alot of their parts. when i was trying to find a better steering box for my XJ, i used their site to cross numbers between grand wagonner, chevy, ford and dodge boxes. works really sweet.
Hey that worked good, both have metric fittings and look to be the same size so I should be good there. That solves one problem then. :)

Thanks guys,

aa

1 - 4 of 4 Posts