Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I carry a shank
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.4x4posi-lok.com/app_jeep.html

Anybody use these on their YJ's or other vehicles? I got stuck the other day big time cause my YJ's front axle vacuum system wouldn't work. Had to get out and suck on a vacuum line to get it to lock in. :mad:

I was thinking about rigging up a cable instead of the vacuum system. Any input?

·
8,046 Posts
I've now removed my posilok and just put springs on the inner shaft of the disconnect(not axle shaft) to hold in the locked position. It's the only way to be fool proof short of changing your p-side seal and using tj shafts.

·
I carry a shank
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've now removed my posilok and just put springs on the inner shaft of the disconnect(not axle shaft) to hold in the locked position. It's the only way to be fool proof short of changing your p-side seal and using tj shafts.
Did you have problems with the posi-lok?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
i just got a locking t-handle for mine. i used a couple of small springs to send it back to the unlocked position. you can get some awesome cables used on airplanes from aircraftspruce.com; but i just got one from my work for $10. the aircraft ones are WAY sweeter though. pm me if you need more info.

·
hicktown
2,433 Posts

Anybody use these on their YJ's or other vehicles? I got stuck the other day big time cause my YJ's front axle vacuum system wouldn't work. Had to get out and suck on a vacuum line to get it to lock in. :mad:

I was thinking about rigging up a cable instead of the vacuum system. Any input?

i tryed the cable but you need to have some way to hold it in place i didnt do that the frist time i riged mine up but now i put a vummucm sithth in the dash not a hard pacject but you might have more luck with a posi looked i have one on my farm truck it works nice but lots of money to buy it have the work done i refuse to tare apart a alex if i dont have to

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts

I use a posi lock on my YJ with no problems. Just make sure you upgrade to the steel shift fork. The factory aluminum one tends to break or wear out.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Swap in TJ/ZJ/Late XJ shafts- much cheaper than a Posi-Lok and you end up with stronger u-joints, as well.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,168 Posts
Posi locks work good but it is common to have them barely engage the sliding collar. If you pull the one e-clip it allows a little further travel. We took a die grinder to my son in law's and now it catches really good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts