Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Desert Rat
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It will be the first time launching the “White Rocket” , by myself, since awakening out of the coma.
I told her it would take me half a day to get it ready, that was two weeks ago.
I also told her we should sell it and get something we can sleep aboard.

(Showing off the boat)

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
That's a sweet looking boat! It's like a large version of my slick craft.

What's all involved in this boat week? I have never heard of it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts

x2

I like the looks of both of those. What year/model/specs is the slickcraft?

·
Desert Rat
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It’s the soirée for the Mackinaw Boat race on Saturday.
Thursday is family night, Friday is “Boat Night” when the hard partying takes place.

http://thebluewaterfest.com

·
Desert Rat
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always liked the instrument cluster for the Scarab. I’m bragging again.

·
Gustafson
9,088 Posts
Very nice boats!! I miss my old liberator, but I'll have a tri-toon next year so at least I can get out of dry dock. :sonicjay:

If I didn't have the newborn my wife and I would be going, we've gone the last several years. Have a great time! (take pics)

·
Haggard Fab
11,993 Posts
Boat threads are awesome. Someone should buy my girlfriends ChrisCraft.

I have also never heard of this event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Desert Rat
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
BoatWeek was pretty mellow. Live bands along the river, lots of cool boats. Looked like a good crowd.

New truck pulled the boat as expected. A lot more power than my old one.
Boat ran great. Stereo is dead. Ran to Lexington, cruise 40mph, pizza at Sweetwater (best pizza in Michigan), then ran around the lake burning gas. Cruised Black river in PoHo. Probably a 100 round trip. I think I’m going to get a 4 blade prop.

My atrophied muscles never realized how physical boating is. I probably should sell this one and get something with more room, a galley and a head. This boat is comfortable the same way a Porsche 914 is.

·
Gustafson
9,088 Posts
BoatWeek was pretty mellow. Live bands along the river, lots of cool boats. Looked like a good crowd.

New truck pulled the boat as expected. A lot more power than my old one.
Boat ran great. Stereo is dead. Ran to Lexington, cruise 40mph, pizza at Sweetwater (best pizza in Michigan), then ran around the lake burning gas. Cruised Black river in PoHo. Probably a 100 round trip. I think I’m going to get a 4 blade prop.

My atrophied muscles never realized how physical boating is. I probably should sell this one and get something with more room, a galley and a head. This boat is comfortable the same way a Porsche 914 is.
Yes, it's more physical then people realize. I came to that realization after my back surgery. :teehee:

Sounds like a nice weekend! Why 4 blade? Not getting the hole shot you're looking for?

·
Desert Rat
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, it's more physical then people realize. I came to that realization after my back surgery. :teehee:

Sounds like a nice weekend! Why 4 blade? Not getting the hole shot you're looking for?
It was kind of a shakedown cruise for both. I actually have a lot of work to do on both. I am told NOW not to sell or trade the boat. She thinks it’s like a classic car, And we now need an RV for the water.

I drove a 21’ Nova, exact same power package, that had a 4 blade 21. It seemed to have more grunt to the bottom while improving the top end AND better fuel usage. The one that’s on it is ten years old, been dinged, fixed and sharpened.
It feels like it’s cavitating some times. The fastest the boat has gone was 61 mph by GPS. That is plenty. I really enjoy the fuel mileage with the 350.

Discovered my headlights suck. I mean they look good, but don’t light up the road for shit. Just add it to the list, go back to the OEM housings.

·
Skymaster
2,515 Posts
If you want good light go for a projector retrofit with an hid light. A little pricey but an oem 2nd gen dodge reflector housing isn't even comparable. Much better light output with the retrofit. You'll be in the neighborhood of $500 but it is worth it. I can get you contact info for a company if you're interested.

·
Desert Rat
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you want good light go for a projector retrofit with an hid light. A little pricey but an oem 2nd gen dodge reflector housing isn't even comparable. Much better light output with the retrofit. You'll be in the neighborhood of $500 but it is worth it. I can get you contact info for a company if you're interested.
I think he put four bulb sport housings on a two bulb truck. I tried aiming
I’ll probably put stock OEM reflector housings, SilverStar bulbs and Genos relay kit.

I keep telling myself it’s a great deal because it’s rustfree.

·
Gustafson
9,088 Posts
I think he put four bulb sport housings on a two bulb truck. I tried aiming
I’ll probably put stock OEM reflector housings, SilverStar bulbs and Genos relay kit.

I keep telling myself it’s a great deal because it’s rustfree.
:sonicjay: Why do you say that? Having other problems?

·
Desert Rat
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:sonicjay: Why do you say that? Having other problems?
Little things.

I ditched the JC Whitney grills for stocker.
Pulled all the blue neon interior lights, replaced with stock.
It has white faced gauge with blue lights that my old eyes see as a blur at night. Need to return to stock.
It has a cheeezy stereo with itty bitty tiny blue legends I cannot see at all. It as steering wheel controls, but they aren’t hooked up. So a whole new stereo.
Some speakers are blown, some are loose. We get to upgrade those as well.
I removed the windshield pin striping. Who does that?
Right tow mirror doesn’t adjust when flipped up.

The big hole, 7 hole injectors make a little more smoke than I would like, but it does have a bigger turbo to go with it. When you put your foot in it with the box turned up it barks, screams and “HOLY MOTHER OF GOD” pulls like a freighttrain. I had a box and RV injectors before but it had nowhere near this power. So that can be fun.
They pulled the grid heater, probably to make more airflow. R&R that.
It also needs a little more muffler to it.

It’s still the cleanest rust free truck I could find, so it’s a good starting point.
No regrets. Just need to chip away at it.

·
Gustafson
9,088 Posts
:thumb: I agree with all the cheezy things you're removing. It does sound like mechanically it's in good shape so that's the main thing.

·
Desert Rat
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:thumb: I agree with all the cheezy things you're removing. It does sound like mechanically it's in good shape so that's the main thing.
Second gen ram trucks will be classics in five years. A clean zero rust specimen in Michigan is pretty unheard of. Using one as an RV will be fun.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts