Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well this weekend I went down to Kentucky to visit some friends and I finally got some scares on my new 97 wrangler. We went to some place my friend found online. Some guys had writen a blog on this place, so we went to check it out. Turns out it was mainly for ATVs, but we didn't let that keep us down. We found a few trails that weren't labeled and went on our way. Found some pretty nice rock and trees to crawl over. In the end the trail was washed out and since I don't have a winch and my friend with the landrover couldn't get down the trail (only 3ft wide, 5ft if you aren't worred about trees). We ended up having to do a 6 or 7 point turn on the trail pushing over some some trees to get back. Should have some pictures later if I can get my friend to send them to me. All in all the jeep has lots of new scratches and impressed me basically stock with some 31s.

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,272 Posts
on this edition of off-road etiquette...................................:miff:
:stan3: illegal wheeling

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By not labeled, I ment the trails that were off limits had a sign with a jeep with a cross through it. I don't see how that is illegal wheeling if it is a state park with off road trails.

Also, sorry there will be no pictures of the trees we pushed over (largest being about 1.5" dia). They guy with the camera phone was waiting in the rover.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
By not labeled, I ment the trails that were off limits had a sign with a jeep with a cross through it. I don't see how that is illegal wheeling if it is a state park with off road trails.

Also, sorry there will be no pictures of the trees we pushed over (largest being about 1.5" dia). They guy with the camera phone was waiting in the rover.
Yeah, one thing you should learn about damn near everything (not just offroading), is this: just because it doesn't say you can't explicitly, doesn't mean you can.

42,948 Posts

:woot:

If you can't get around them, mow them down!

I normally carry a chain saw, so I can cut the trees down, so I don't have to scratch my bumper!

In a couple instances, I had to syphon gas out of my jeep and cover the trees in gas, and burn them down because my chain saw wouldn't function :(

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
:woot:

I normally carry a chain saw, so I can cut the trees down, so I don't have to scratch my bumper!

In a couple instances, I had to syphon gas out of my jeep and cover the trees in gas, and burn them down because my chain saw wouldn't function :(
I thought you didnt wheel:confused:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker

In a couple instances, I had to syphon gas out of my jeep and cover the trees in gas, and burn them down because my chain saw wouldn't function

I thought you didnt wheel:confused:
:sonicjay: He doesn't :sonicjay: mow, chain saws and Jeeps are things you can do in the front yard :poke: Who say's he wheels :sonicjay:

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
:sonicjay: He doesn't :sonicjay: mow, chain saws and Jeeps are things you can do in the front yard :poke: Who say's he wheels :sonicjay:
EXACTLY!!!! those tasks can be used as an exscuse to not wheel.

·
Chrome Trucker Chicks Rul
3,217 Posts
I have run over trees when I went wheeling. they were about 5-7 inches in diameter. Does the size matter? What else makes it illegal? has to be public land right?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts