Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
blood,sweat and beers
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one on here done any thing sweet to their fiero or seen a sweet one?
i own a gt

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
All I did was convert my automatic to a 5 speed, rebuilt the 2.8 - stroked it to a 3.2 and put 17" wheels and tires on it.

That is it.

·
Gustafson
10,246 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I only had it for a few weeks before I tore it apart. Then it sat for over a year due to having no money. When I finally got it going it ran great but I don't know what the comparison would be. It seemed pretty quick and I could beat my friend who had one with a stock 2.8.

Fastest I had it was about 115 based on tach reading since the speedo only went to 85.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Isn't the 2.8 the same as the 3.1 and the 3.4? If so, why not go all the way to 3.4?
They are the same block and possibly heads but the bore and stroke are obviously different.

Why not go to a 3.4? The stroker kit was a lot more money, and you need to get the block sonic tested for wall thickness.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
i wanna throw a 327 or 350 in it but it seams like to much work lol
It depends on which kit you go with. There are really only two kits. V8 Archies and another one I can't think of.

Archies kit balances the v8 better in the car, but your waterpump is running inside your wheelwell instead of the engine compartment. The other kit moves the engine over and lets the waterpump stay inside the engine compartment, but the weight distribution is off.

·
Moonlight stomper
5,958 Posts
Yes. You can just buy a crate 3.4 and call it done.
X2

that's what we did to my dads S-10 when it needed a motor bought a used 3.4 from a Camaro with 20k on it was a big improvement over the 2.8

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
My pal Dave has one with a 350 vette engine in it. he didn't get it out of warranty back in `82 before ripping the turd 4 banger out and tossing it. he has the kit that offsets the engine and trans over to clear the frame rail on the pulley side. I remember cause he said he had to change the shafts going to the wheels

1 - 20 of 41 Posts