Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
42,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Finally got around to hooking up the plotter today, and I can't believe I went through life without one.

Now to the problem. If I have 20 seperate PDF files I want to print before I go home for the day, how do I do it? Is there a way to load numerous different single print .pdf's together?

42,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can't you just open them and hit print?
ok, I have one folder with 32 .pdf's I need to print, all at 36'x24'. It appears that it takes a couple minutes to size these in the printer. If I go through and hit print to each one, will it continue to buffer and start printing, or will I have a memory issue?

·
Premium Member
10,939 Posts
I think that all depends on how much memory your plotter has, when you hit print it sends it to the plotter. If it can save it until it can print it then you all set.

42,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stupid question. If hte plotter has 64 megs of ram, does it receive the file to be printed in the same size that .pdf is?

if test.pdf is 800,000 bytes big. When I send it to the plotter, is it still 800,000 bytes?

·
Premium Member
10,939 Posts
Ok, a coworker has said to me, that there is a setting on your computer, that will make your computer the "queu" instead of the plotter or the printer. you may want to look into that.

·
Premium Member
10,939 Posts
stupid question. If hte plotter has 64 megs of ram, does it receive the file to be printed in the same size that .pdf is?

if test.pdf is 800,000 bytes big. When I send it to the plotter, is it still 800,000 bytes?
As far as we know there is no file compression when sending plotter jobs.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts

No, I think the printer/plotter driver re-formats the file into something the printer can use. So I have no idea how you tell how big the file is that you actually send over. Unless you can send a file and check the % full of cache on the plotter??

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
go into your printer control panel and the plotter properties. change the spool options to spool before sending to the plotter. Then you can spool up all the jobs on the pc and it will automatically feed them to the plotter as it can.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
do you have the full version of acrobat? if so you can merge all the files into one pdf that has 32 pages. you can then spool to your printer as mentioned above and only deal with one file. if something fuks up you will only have to worry about one file in the spool.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
A print server is unnecessary if the plotter has a EIO drive on it or you spool from the PC. Maybe see if you can get an EIO drive for it?

·
6'-5" 209LB 16YR LEFTWING
15,745 Posts
go into your printer control panel and the plotter properties. change the spool options to spool before sending to the plotter. Then you can spool up all the jobs on the pc and it will automatically feed them to the plotter as it can.
X2

64 meg of ram is not near enough to handle that many pdf's. The Plot size will sometimes tripple being sent to the printer, then the original file size.

You have to spool from your PC.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts