1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
NEVER GIVE UP!
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Running in his memory
Annual 5K run for Shane Griffin set for Aug. 8 at Stony Creek Metropark
Published: August 1, 2007
For the third consecutive year, the Warren Fitzgerald boys and girls cross county teams, led by coach Das Campbell, will host the Shane Griffin 5K Memorial Run. This year's run is set for Aug. 8 at Eastwood Beach in Stony Creek Metropark. The run is in memory of Shane Griffin, who died Nov. 10, 2004, 11 days after being involved in an automobile accident and falling into a coma. Griffin, who was a freshman at Fitzgerald at the time of his death, was an "outstanding young man with great character," according to Campbell. The accident occurred just hours after he had competed in a cross country regional event.

"We started the run in his memory the very next year," Campbell said. "It's important to keep his memory alive and well. He was a great part of this team."

"It's awesome that the coach continues to do this," said Robin Griffin, Shane's mother. "It keeps his memory alive. We don't want people to forget about him. … The race is something we all need to keep his memory alive."

Anyone interested in running can sign up one hour before the race. The men's run begins at 6:30 p.m. and the women get under way at 7:15 p.m. The entry fee is $12.

Age groups range from 13 and under to 70 and older. The top three finishers in each age group will receive a medal, and all runners will get a T-shirt. All proceeds will go to two scholarships - one for a senior male and one for a senior female member of the Fitzgerald cross country teams - to be used for college.

"Even if you're not a runner, come out and help us," Campbell said. "We have people who just walk the course or who just help set up or run the day. Anyone who wants to help support this is encouraged to come out."

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,734 Posts
yay, you fixed it.

·
Get off my lawn.
3,692 Posts
Doesn't work for me either.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
me neither

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,130 Posts
1) it's in your Browser's Cache thats why you can see it and others can't

2) your internet license will be revoked if you keep posting vague thread titles

-Thank you
Management

·
NEVER GIVE UP!
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1) it's in your Browser's Cache thats why you can see it and others can't

2) your internet license will be revoked if you keep posting vague thread titles

-Thank you
Management
this a joke right

·
Just The Spouse's spouse
1,885 Posts
Error:
servlet37b:

Your search session has expired.

·
NEVER GIVE UP!
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I get a infraction because I pissed you off this site is a fucking joke

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
It doesn't work, sorry.

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,266 Posts
nice, real nice:sonicjay:

·
NEVER GIVE UP!
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Running in his memory
Annual 5K run for Shane Griffin set for Aug. 8 at Stony Creek Metropark
Published: August 1, 2007
For the third consecutive year, the Warren Fitzgerald boys and girls cross county teams, led by coach Das Campbell, will host the Shane Griffin 5K Memorial Run. This year's run is set for Aug. 8 at Eastwood Beach in Stony Creek Metropark. The run is in memory of Shane Griffin, who died Nov. 10, 2004, 11 days after being involved in an automobile accident and falling into a coma. Griffin, who was a freshman at Fitzgerald at the time of his death, was an "outstanding young man with great character," according to Campbell. The accident occurred just hours after he had competed in a cross country regional event.

"We started the run in his memory the very next year," Campbell said. "It's important to keep his memory alive and well. He was a great part of this team."

"It's awesome that the coach continues to do this," said Robin Griffin, Shane's mother. "It keeps his memory alive. We don't want people to forget about him. … The race is something we all need to keep his memory alive."

Anyone interested in running can sign up one hour before the race. The men's run begins at 6:30 p.m. and the women get under way at 7:15 p.m. The entry fee is $12.

Age groups range from 13 and under to 70 and older. The top three finishers in each age group will receive a medal, and all runners will get a T-shirt. All proceeds will go to two scholarships - one for a senior male and one for a senior female member of the Fitzgerald cross country teams - to be used for college.

"Even if you're not a runner, come out and help us," Campbell said. "We have people who just walk the course or who just help set up or run the day. Anyone who wants to help support this is encouraged to come out."

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Error:
servlet40c:

Your search session has expired.

Please make sure that cookies are enabled on your browser, then return to the search page and try again.
Please note that bookmarking of pages within the archive is not supported.

If the problem persists please contact NewsBank ([email protected]).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts