Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke my original ones and thought I could get new ones from the dealer. The new style ones are one piece apparently and I just want some older style two piece ones so I dont have to remove the axles to install them.

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
I see this as an opportunity to throw some Alloy seals on instead of those crappy stockers. Pulling the brakes, unit bearing, and shafts is not hard once you've seen it done. The problem is that most people have never pulled it off before (so its stuck on good), don't know the trick to bust it loose, or don't have air tools. Its like 10-15 minutes to get to the bare knuckle. :thumb:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just swapped out my axles for tj ones and it was a biotch and I dont wanna do it again anytime soon. There wasnt much dirt in the tubes before and I would like to keep out rocks, gravel, and some mud if I could. And that pic is of my not destroyed one.

·
GL 4x4 Vendors
3,146 Posts
I just swapped out my axles for tj ones and it was a biotch and I dont wanna do it again anytime soon. There wasnt much dirt in the tubes before and I would like to keep out rocks, gravel, and some mud if I could. And that pic is of my not destroyed one.
Those plastic seals will only keep larger debris out of the tubes. Since they don't actually "seal" anything, mud will be allowed into the tube.

·
Support the Sport!
2,015 Posts
I wheeled for a long time without mine.... You really don't need them but if you're serious about sealing out junk, then get teh alloy's

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
do those alloy ones fit yj's? i thought they were for tj shafts (looks like he has tj ones though, but it would be nice if they fit my yj....)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts