Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, oven stopped working around june,
Have a good sized convection toaster oven so hasn't been too bad.

Sears had an appliance sale going on, with free delivery and haul away :woot:

Pick out a new range, was like $599.... out of stock for 7 weeks..... salesman looks up the next model up (like $699 model) says he'll give it to me at the same price..... but out of stock for 4 weeks......
He gets pissed........ keeps looking them up .........

I ended up with a $1200 model, 6 burners, griddle, convection 3 rack oven for $649. plus free delivery, and then i got 15% off for opening up a sears account LOL

I went ahead and got a 3 year warranty to make the guy a little money.

Moral of the story...... Go shopping when they're trying to move out the last years models, and just want to move inventory

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Or go buy stuff at a going out of business sale.

I bought my stove and dishwasher for $500 original retail was over $1000. I also picked up a $1000 fridge for $150 because it was missing the ice maker, and was a little dirty.

·
Bananarama!
14,143 Posts
Just a word of advice from someone who works in the Appliance Service Industry...

ALWAYS buy the extended warranty! On everything! If something breaks on your new appliance (and chances are it will), the cost of one service call plus parts is usually more than the price of the contract.

·
Full Size Chevy
346 Posts
Is the interest rate still over 22% on the Sears card? I couldn't believe the amount of money people would charge on those things when I worked there.

Good deal btw! You will thank yourself later for buying the warranty. Very useful!

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the interest rate still over 22% on the Sears card? I couldn't believe the amount of money people would charge on those things when I worked there.

Good deal btw! You will thank yourself later for buying the warranty. Very useful!
yeah, it's like 22.9% and hats on the gold plus card.......

But It's 12 months no payments no interest and i'll pay it off the first month (was just going to pay with my debit card until i got the extra 15% off for putting it on the card.)

·
Full Size Chevy
346 Posts

But It's 12 months no payments no interest and i'll pay it off the first month (was just going to pay with my debit card until i got the extra 15% off for putting it on the card.)
Smart man! That card is how Sears makes money.

·
Hula Girl At Heart
1,556 Posts
ta heck with paying it off on the first month---pay it off on the 12th month. Doesn't cost you any more, and that whopping .02% interest it is gaining in your savings MAY buy you a cup of coffee :d:

good purchase, btw. I love when places are out of stock on things and they just upgrade you...

·
Registered
230 Posts
So, oven stopped working around june,
Have a good sized convection toaster oven so hasn't been too bad.

Sears had an appliance sale going on, with free delivery and haul away :woot:

Pick out a new range, was like $599.... out of stock for 7 weeks..... salesman looks up the next model up (like $699 model) says he'll give it to me at the same price..... but out of stock for 4 weeks......
He gets pissed........ keeps looking them up .........

I ended up with a $1200 model, 6 burners, griddle, convection 3 rack oven for $649. plus free delivery, and then i got 15% off for opening up a sears account LOL

I went ahead and got a 3 year warranty to make the guy a little money.

Moral of the story...... Go shopping when they're trying to move out the last years models, and just want to move inventory
what model range did you start with we need a new one too

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Another suggestion is to have a relative work for, let's say Lowe's, and have them set aside the scratch and dent stuff as it comes in. I got a room full of carpet that was originally $350 for only $75 and $150 worth of hardwood flooring for $25. I also got some deals on some banged up goods.

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts

I did exactly that and the scratch and dent outlet for Sears in Livonia. Got a washer, dryer, fridge, etc. all for a good deal....too bad the ex got that shit.

·
Bananarama!
14,143 Posts
We do a lot of work for a company called US Appliance. They get 99% of the ABC Warehouse damaged goods and we fix them up so they can sell them. Great deals to be had.

www.us-appliance.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts