Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hate this program. I can't figure out how to do something which I think is pretty simple.

I want to take a logo that has a white background and black lettering and change it to having a black background with white lettering.

I also want to be able to change the lettering color and background color to different colors too.

Can anyone help me with this? My skills are as advanced as MS Paint.

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
Use the bucket, sometimes it is where the gradiant button is in the tool bar
pick your color then point and paint it

I think there is an invert color option too in one of the pulldown menus

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
it's been forever since I messed with photoshop. depending on how the logo/text was anti-aliased against the background you may have difficulty with it at MS Paint skill levels.

If the image's layer information was intact it should be significantly easier to get good results (from what I recall of the program)

that all being said, white/black and inversion should be easily handled via an invert color task http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&q=photoshop+invert+colors&btnG=Google+Search

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
don't sweat it. the easiest way is to use your magic wand tool, click to marquee the logo, create a new layer and fill it with white (now you have a white logo) on the original background layer do a select all and fill it with black. then flatten the image and you'll be all set. if you have a problem let me know.

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
don't sweat it. the easiest way is to use your magic wand tool, click to marquee the logo, create a new layer and fill it with white (now you have a white logo) on the original background layer do a select all and fill it with black. then flatten the image and you'll be all set. if you have a problem let me know.
I've gotten as far as selecting it with the wand and then creating a new layer. I don't see where the new layer is though.

I'm so retarded with this program because things like a lasso tool make no common sense to me whatsoever I need step by step instructions on how to do shit.

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,148 Posts
1) <image> <mode> <grayscale>

2) if this looks black and white go to step 4, if not step 3

3) If off, select magic wand tool, click in area you want changed. This should auto highlight the whole area. Once it is highlighted <edit> <fill> and from the dropdown menu select white or black as needed.

4) <image> <adjustments> <invert>

I just did this in Photoshop CS no issues

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,148 Posts
also, if the colors are Close to black and white, you can try
<image> <adjustments> <threshold> make sure the value is 128 (median value) and click ok.

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, I'm starting to get the hang of it and I've gotten most of the letters filled.

The problem is the pixelated that won't allow you to fill the whole area.

The pic was just fawked up from the get go I guess.

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just got it in my inbox.

So did you just keep going around with the magic wand and fill tool to do that?

That's what I've been doing with my copy for the last several minutes and have come up with something close to what you produced.

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,148 Posts
Did you read my post from earlier?

All i did was follow those steps

made it greyscale, normalized the color levels to make it true black and white, and inverted it.

took less than 20 seconds

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did you read my post from earlier?

All i did was follow those steps

made it greyscale, normalized the color levels to make it true black and white, and inverted it.

took less than 20 seconds
Haha, I missed that part.

I tried doing it that way and had success.

Thanks again for your help.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts