Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer with the 4.3 Vortec/auto. I'm looking at performance modules to improve acceleration. What's a good brand to look for? Ebay has one ad for a "Nitro Module", and it's $25.00. Sounds too cheap to me, but they back it up with a lifetime warranty. I want to turn this Blazer into a show-n-go truck.

·
The guy Dale doesn't know
4,182 Posts
don't waste your time with tuner. i had a 02 blazer 4 door 2wd. i got absolutely nothing from the hypertech tuner. if you want to start cheap, start with a throttle body spacer(td performance $40), cat back exhaust(dynomax $225), and a tune up with good parts.

after that you'll be ready for a cold air intake, headers and crosover pipes (with or without high flow cats), and if you can swing it do some gears.

the next step, you could put 1.6 roller rockers on it or a cam or both, then it would be time for a custom tune. i know there is a place in michigan that specializes in custom tunes for s trucks. i'll try to find the name for you.

the two best bang for the buck mods i got were the throttle body spacer, and the 4.10 gears.

i'll dig up some pics of it this weekend if i get the chance.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tips. I was planning on getting a cat-back system, cold-air intake and spacer. I think the truck has 3.73 or 3.42 gears now.

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
$300+ for a decent tuner might get you 10-15 hp. You'll get slightly worse gas mileage, and the bang for the buck just isn't great enough if you ask me.

Now, pair a tuning with plenty of other mods, it will help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts