Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
AS-IS is AS-IS!
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went back home to PA for Christmas and was telling my Pop I was looking for a 6x12 landscape to tow the Tracker. He showed me my late grandfather's HD 6x12 utility and I talked to grandma and she gave it to me for the cost of the title transfer!

I got it home and the Tracker JUST FITS! Now the prob is my poor little '95 ZJ w/5.2 gets single digits pulling it, so time to look for a more suitable tow rig!

·
AS-IS is AS-IS!
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dunno what tongue weight is yet. As far as mods, I am pretty much done except for a new body, engine and doubler box ... none of which affect width or length! :thumb:

Pulling it on, the sidewalls were rubbing both fender covers. But the important thing is it only cost me $45!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
What happens when you need to tow your buddies dead rig home?

Actually, thats pretty cool. Any idea on the trailer weight?

·
AS-IS is AS-IS!
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Now pedals a bicycle
1,578 Posts
that's pretty sweet. keep us updated on how it tows. i have a neighbor sellin a trailer similar to that that would fit stock jeep etc, and i was thinkin bout it for my zuk which in the waaaaay future will be on toys. the only thing that made me nervous was all the tongue weight with the axles so rearward

·
AS-IS is AS-IS!
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
also be interesting to see wt distribution changes if you backed on

I towed a '61 Willys from Maybee to Holland last Friday night and assumiing the old flathead 4 weighs MUCH more than a Zuki 1.6L, it should not be a problem at all! It towed great and didn't weigh the rear of the ZJ down much at all. The only prob I had was I avergaed about 7MPG in the ZJ towing all that weight! That has got to change for long trips like Moab, Rubicon, etc.!!!

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
Maybe you should turn your 53 ford into a tow rig :teehee:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts