Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
cheese
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a cat-back exhaust for my Jeep on ebay a couple days ago. Got an email from the seller saying it was on backorder from the manufacturer so I can wait for it, get something else from them, or get my money refunded. That's fine but I look today and they are still trying to sell 19 more of these exhaust systems that don't exist. Is it common practice to sell things you don't really own? I understand they probably don't have the storage space for all these so they ship them directly from the manufacturer, but if they know they are on backorder, why don't they remove there ad?

:usa: :rock:

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
that takes 2 items that are in short supply, effort and intelligence.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I had the same issue with tow hood brackets for my XJ. I bought them, waited, waited and waited more. I finally got an email saying there is a problem with my order and to call a number. So I call it and I get a operator and I ask whats up. She says the item has been discontinued. They refunded my money but it sucked cause I really needed them. Then I see an auction a couple of days later for the same item from the same seller. I emailed them saying I was told the item was discontinued. They said thanks and they pulled their ad.

It is called drop shipping. The seller has an account with a company and they can see the item is in stock. So they sell it and call the company and give your address and the company sends it to you. I was going to do that with a company but I needed to have 50 ebay auctions going at one time and I don't have time for that.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
report them and add bad or neutral feedback

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
Similar situation for me... I bought Dave Matthews tickets on Stub Hub and got an email saying Id be charged when the item ships.

Then, I get an email saying the tickets arent i print yet (which is not true) and Im guaranteed shipment BY August 21st (two days before the concert) AND my card was being charged.

I havent called or anything, but Im a bit nervous I wont receive them. Not to hijack - but anyone else experience this?

·
cheese
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
report them and add bad or neutral feedback
I'll prob. give neutral feedback once I get my refund. I have had plenty of poor ebay experiences and not given feedback cuz I didn't want to ruin my precious %100 positive feedback, but screw it.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
had the same thing happen, i ordered a hitch for my zj, and the guy said we could have it in a week. turns out the guy lives by the Curt hitch warehouse and he just goes over there and orders them and Curt ships them. i needed it before Camp Jeep so we called up the guy and he was very nice and ordered one from Hidden Hitch that probably cost more money.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Bought a cat-back exhaust for my Jeep on ebay a couple days ago. Got an email from the seller saying it was on backorder from the manufacturer so I can wait for it, get something else from them, or get my money refunded. That's fine but I look today and they are still trying to sell 19 more of these exhaust systems that don't exist. Is it common practice to sell things you don't really own? I understand they probably don't have the storage space for all these so they ship them directly from the manufacturer, but if they know they are on backorder, why don't they remove there ad?

:usa: :rock:
I hate ebay I got all kinds of e-mails from scammers after I used ebay claiming I owe them money and all kinds of comments saying send a product to them or they'll call the local sheriff office, some were saying my account was past due and to send money right away. The sights/e-mails looked like the real ebay.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts