Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another help question for today...

I've got this older PC (4 years) 1.7ghz Celeron 1gb Ram....but thing is its a half size...? It won't accept full height cards inside it.

I've been using an even older graphics card I had in another PC I scavenged parts from, a NVidia? card. Has about 8mb? onboard memory, but I use my PC's memory to add to it. Says its a NVidia GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8x, installed in my PCI slot 1......?

Anywho, I bought a new monitor for the home PC and the problem with resolution has come up. Even with all the current drivers, it won't stay at a particular resolution. Resets every time I reboot the PC.

I want a new card. What do I buy? What do I ask for? Now that the monitor is big enough to see things from across the room, I'd like to use it for movies, and even the PS2 (whatever year I can play it), so I'd like to find something with RCA in or the like.

I'm also cheap, don't game on the PC, nor care about 3-D anything. Help.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Newegg The second one down on here would work but will not have video in from the PlayStation. I think they make a VGA converter for the output of the PS2, does the monitor have any inputs other than the VGA?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Newegg The second one down on here would work but will not have video in from the PlayStation. I think they make a VGA converter for the output of the PS2, does the monitor have any inputs other than the VGA?

Its got D-Sub and DVI, I think I'm using the D-Sub one....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts