Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has ever visited the Pawn Stars shop in Vegas. I understand that the items that are brought in there are completely out of the norm for a pawn shop and its made for entertainment but I like the show anyway. If anyone has been there do they have a lot of unique items or is it like any other shop? Was also wondering if the guys on the show are even there.

·
Mall Crawler
2,632 Posts
Someone here was there, and got a pic of himself with chum. He said the store was packed, and you had a 20 minute time limit to be in the store.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jdc215 went there over the summer. he said it was a big disappointment. way smaller than it looks on tv.
I had a hunch it would be a disappointment and I would never wait 20 minutes to get in. I did check out the website of the guy that does their restorations (Rick Dale) He has a really nice antique fridge painted in a Harley Davidson theme for $1800. I wouldn't pay that much but it gave me some ideas on the man cave fridge.

·
The Green Machine
4,197 Posts
I wanted to get a picture of the shop when I was in Vegas, but never got time to. Woulda been neat to check it out at least once

·
Motrcytman's spouse
7,208 Posts
I love the show. Never been there, but would stop in just to browse around if I were in town.

·
Your Message Here
5,856 Posts
Yes. As stated, incredibly small and in the shady area of the strip between the Stratosphere and downtown.

They were filming when we were there, so they cleared the store whenever filming took place. I saw the son and the old man - they stayed in the back office since they were prepping for filming.

Wife bought a glass clown for $75.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I probably wouldn't go in, but then again I don't really watch the show either. I can't wait until the show Scrappers comes out, looks like it will be pretty interesting. Reminds me of my friend Johnny.

·
Premium Member
8,920 Posts
I'm so confused with those two. Straight men of that age don't act like that. I'm just curious if others thought they were a couple.
Oh, I think it's pretty cool what they do, but they definitely annoy me. You may be right, but it's not something I would have ever wanted to know for sure.

·
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
8,589 Posts
Mike you know i been there alot of times lol... last time we went back down seen the old man he looked ruff... also the items in the store are like any other Pawn store here about 80% of the store is like that... But yes 20% are odd ball stuff... i seen the Superbowl rings and belt from Boxing and ect... there.. Also seen Alot of chum shirts for sale.....
Note: pictures are from the web.. below

The store itself is small.. not as big as it looks on TV.
Also if you go there don't be a ass there they are working if you ask them for a picture you better hope they are in a good mood..

Best time to Go there is Weekdays like the middle of the Week the weekend suck it is packed there on the weekends cus of the people coming down to Las Vegas

1 - 20 of 40 Posts