Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
!SPARTY ON!
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running them or heard anything about them? Haven't really heard to much about them. I'm thinking of buying a set of heads for my Blazer because i may have cracked my set of vortec heads! The set i as looking at have 2.02 and 1.60 valves compared to the 1.94 and 1.50 stock valves.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I've heard more bad than good, but I have no first hand experience with them. For the price, I would probably put my money in a set of Jegs/Summit heads, or save up for something better.
What size motor are you running?

·
!SPARTY ON!
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a vortec 350 switched over to carb. Extreme 4x4 cam and edelbrock conversion intake for the carb. Other than that everything else is stock. But i'm either gonna switch to a 355 or if i can find some more money a 383. I've found a set of patroits for 300 bucks bare and i already have springs and keepers. So all i would need is valves and screw in studs

·
Can't Worry About It
1,070 Posts
if they are used i would at least get them checked out by a machine shop and get them decked so they seal and you know they aren't warped

cheaper products don't have tight tolerences so things like valve guides should be mic'd and honed accordingly, a good 3 angle valve job etc

·
Registered
828 Posts
Where are you getting them for $300 a pair? Everything I see is around $300 PER head bare. I would also purchase them assembled if I were you. By the time you buy bare heads, buy valves/etc., and pay somebody to put them together (if you do), you've bought a set of assembled heads.
And for the money (assuming that is $300 per head), I would buy a set of Jegs/Summit heads.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Almost sounds too good to be true. If it's the real deal though, I'd opt for spending $200 more and getting the complete assembled heads.
Most of the bad stuff I have heard about them sounded like that was the older stuff. I just don't have first hand experience with them to say, but......... if they are decent heads, $499 for a set that's assembled is a great price!

·
Questionable..
296 Posts
im running these on my camaro right now, ive had it running about a month or so, i saw no real hp gains as they dont really flow unless you get them ported, altho it has not ran hotter than 160, so all in all you get what you pay for. i would personaly save for a better set. examply i bought a set of brodix track 2 heads and noticed a major difference. hope this helps any.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
If you are on the cheap I just seen some fully assembled dart heads for $400 somewhere...I will try to find like for ya. If ya have some money to spend ($1500) go with some AFR 210's they will work well with your combo. Here is link for darts on ebay and they will way out flow the vortec's these flow 200cc and I think vortec's are around 180 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesMy bad they are bare castings.

·
!SPARTY ON!
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm kinda leary of blem heads! I'm probley gonna give them a call because they don't really say where the blems are. Anyone else ever used blems heads?

·
Registered
828 Posts
If you want to go the blem route, call Dart. You should be able to purchase blems directly from Dart. Everything I have ever seen from Terry Rosebush seemed like it was overpriced.
The AFR 210s are a nice, but WAAY too much head for your combo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts