Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you frequent one of their locations? Wishful thinking I'm sure, but I'm wondering what the chances that I could luck upon a LQ4 or LQ9 in one of the yards. Their going rate for an engine is 199 and 55 core, at that price I wouldn't even be concerned about rebuilding it as long as it wasn't complete junk.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Any of you frequent one of their locations? Wishful thinking I'm sure, but I'm wondering what the chances that I could luck upon a LQ4 or LQ9 in one of the yards. Their going rate for an engine is 199 and 55 core, at that price I wouldn't even be concerned about rebuilding it as long as it wasn't complete junk.
When a truck with one of those does come in, they arent vehicles id want to roll the dice on havving a good engine. They are usually work trucks and beat to all hell. the engines go quick too.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
the 5.3's are much easier to find.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have a 6.0 the mostly complete popped a head gasket needs to be freshened up if that interest you message me

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you visit their website, they have a list of the vehicles available at their yards. I used to go there a lot. Saved a lot of money when I wore a tank top.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you visit their website, they have a list of the vehicles available at their yards. I used to go there a lot. Saved a lot of money when I wore a tank top.
Interesting, that must be new. When I tried the tank top thing there I just got beat by 3 guys with a tire iron. Must be a boob thing. :sonicjay:

·
Hang all the thieves
1,760 Posts
Check the Schram's new pick and pull on columbia ave. in Pontiac. They just opened about a month ago, and one of the guys from work said there was one out there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts