Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently picked up an '81 Jeep J-10 pick-up with 111K miles. It's a 6-cylinder (258), 4-speed (T-177; same as T-176, but with a lower 1st gear) with a driver-drop, non-vacuum disconnect Dana 44 front axle with manual lock-outs ( 2.73 ratio). The rear axle is the heavy-duty AMC 20, and both axles have the 6x5.5" bolt pattern.

The truck runs well using a separate gas can, but the fuel lines from the tank are clogged. I plan on keeping the NP-208 transfer case/linkage/shifter, the 258 6-cyl. w/motor mounts from this one, and probably the basic steel wheels. Everything else will probably be sold, though. The T-177 is already spoken for by a buddy of mine, as well. ricbee (from ifsja) has seen this truck in-person, and has first shot at the front bumper and gas tank (he already claimed the grill).

I'm in no hurry to part this out, so just post here or e-mail me at one.x.one.craig AT gmail DOT com if you're interested in parts. Given my busy schedule, there will probably be a 2-4 week lead time on getting parts pulled, depending on the part/time required to pull it (or them).

Some of the parts:

• 258 motor, runs great, 111K miles. $125 complete w/all accessories. * SOLD*
  • Power steering box: $35 *SOLD*
  • Grill *SOLD (ricbee)*
  • T-177 transmission *SOLD (Joel)*
  • Window trim front & rear *SOLD*
  • Dana 44 front axle: Wide-track (~65"), driver-drop non-vacuum disconnect, manual lockouts, 6x5.5" bolt pattern. $175 *SOLD*
  • Front clip & front bumper *SOLD (Geeeep)*
  • HD AMC 20 rear axle: wide-track (~62"), 6x5.5" bolt pattern. $50
  • Mirrors: OEM stainless brackets w/mirrors, brackets are in nice condition, mirrors aren't cracked. $40 (may end up on eBay, though) *SALE PENDING*
  • Tailgate: Several dents with a little surface rust, but functional. $35
  • T-177/T-176 bellhousing: $50
  • Other parts...just ask.

Thanks,
Craig

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Prolly a silly question, but are the front fenders any good?
Hi Frank. The fenders are kind of crusty, and not restore candidates IMO. I'm adding pics to my original post.

Craig

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm interested in the tail gate and front bumper. please contact me at [email protected] or call me at 616-970-1154.
Thanks, Dave
Hi Dave,

I tried calling, but it says your voicemail box is not set up yet. I'll e-mail you my contact info.

Thanks,
Craig

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
258 motor added to original listing. I was going to keep this for a project, but my most immediate Jeep project (Scrambler) will be running a diesel motor. The 258 runs really well.

Craig

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dana 44 front axle is now SOLD.

Thanks,
Craig

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dropped the price of the rear axle & tailgate (see original post). :thumb:

Craig

·
Redwing
16 Posts
J10 parting out

Craig,

I might be interested in those wheels. Will they fit a 71 CJ5? I don't know if you remember, but I purchased an unassembel 71 from you a bit over a year ago mainly for the frame. I'm back working on the project and would like to get it near original, which would include rims similar to what is on your truck.

I am thinking of updating the cj to either 11" brakes, or disks and was wondering if these rims might fit over the brakes.

I think they look similar to what might have been a stock wheel for the CJ of that vintage. What do you think?

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Craig,

I might be interested in those wheels. Will they fit a 71 CJ5? I don't know if you remember, but I purchased an unassembel 71 from you a bit over a year ago mainly for the frame. I'm back working on the project and would like to get it near original, which would include rims similar to what is on your truck.

I am thinking of updating the cj to either 11" brakes, or disks and was wondering if these rims might fit over the brakes.

I think they look similar to what might have been a stock wheel for the CJ of that vintage. What do you think?
I'm blanking on your first name, but sure, I remember. :thumb: These wheels are 6-lug, and won't fit a CJ-5. However, I do have a nice set of black steelies that will. They're 15" x 6" steel wheels that I had sandblasted, then painted with POR-15, POR self-etching primer, and then topcoated with Krylon black. They're a set of 5 wheels, and there are currently no tires mounted. These are the same ones on the M-170 below. They were mounted and used to move the M-170 around, but never driven on after refinishing, with the exception of a couple-mile test-drive.

I paid $75 to have them sandblasted, and spent a good amount of time (and money...POR products are pricey) painting them. I'll sell the set of five wheels for $75 if you're interested. Let me know if you could use them.

Thanks,
Craig

1 - 17 of 17 Posts