Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah. it's a big boy...

looking for a ball park for cost, installed. no I'm not buying, needing to know if "starting at 6 figures" is in the ballpark for an appraisal I'm working on. My cost sources (Marshall Valuation Manual) does not include power generation equipment at this level.

http://www.kohlerpower.com/industri...lter_1=Enclosures/Tank Packages&prodnum=40161

standard retail/grocery operation, so no it's not the steady/filtered power that a datacenter would require. (but I also confess that I don't know if this thing is clean enough to run a datacenter)

I've done some googling, and new pricing is almost always "call for bid" which I understand. A couple of older RFP's indicate bid pricing of about $125k installed dating from 2007 which if I can verify somewhat locally would be splendid.

·
Premium Member
42,949 Posts
I have two in stock.

:teehee:

If this Kohler is in michigan, there are only two places to get them, me and one other supplier. Nobody else will even quote it for you, especially out of state. Email me and monday I'll fax you a build sheet price breakdown.

An install at this level normally is around $40,000 depending on lengths of fuel and electric runs necessary. FYI, you will have to factor in the transfer switch also, because they normally run an additional $12,000-$24,000 depending on what amperage you need.

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have two in stock.

:teehee:

If this Kohler is in michigan, there are only two places to get them, me and one other supplier. Nobody else will even quote it for you, especially out of state. Email me and monday I'll fax you a build sheet price breakdown.

An install at this level normally is around $40,000 depending on lengths of fuel and electric runs necessary. FYI, you will have to factor in the transfer switch also, because they normally run an additional $12,000-$24,000 depending on what amperage you need.

yeah, I figured you did the install. It's in SE Michigan - Oakland County for a roughly 10,000 sq ft grocery store / retail - that should nail it down for ya'.

Total package ballpark price is what I'm talking about, including foundation/slab, transfer switch, etc, etc. is what I am ballparking at about $100k based on what I found googling and based on the archival responses to the RFP's various municipalities sought in the past... I'll ping you Monday with an e-mail.

·
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
4,727 Posts
yeah, I figured you did the install. It's in SE Michigan - Oakland County for a roughly 10,000 sq ft grocery store / retail - that should nail it down for ya'.

Total package ballpark price is what I'm talking about, including foundation/slab, transfer switch, etc, etc. is what I am ballparking at about $100k based on what I found googling and based on the archival responses to the RFP's various municipalities sought in the past... I'll ping you Monday with an e-mail.
I'll quote your excavation, footings and flat work, including any demo or removals.

·
Premium Member
42,949 Posts

I did the job, and it was $122,000 total...

REO350's aren't very common around here.

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll quote your excavation, footings and flat work, including any demo or removals.
thank you, demolition, excavation, footings and flat work are already in. I also have a very good friend in that business that has done other competing work in the area so I can perform comparitive analysis on the local costs vs. the regionally modified costs reported in Marshall.

excavation costs are fairly straight forward in the marshall valuation manual when citing a cost approach. even this one, with the engineered double deep basement/sub basement.

the main market area is 34 block high... with an 18 block basement under it... and another 24 block section up above. (from memory, this weekend I left work at work, and the plans are sitting in my office)

No, it's not all block, they did poured/engineered walls first and have decorative block in a number of areas which helped me verify the building/story heights at spec.

while it is not unusual for a market/grocer to have some form of generation backup, one of this size is not quite the norm per se'. I guess during the blackout someone must not have been able to get a hold of a rental unit so they didn't want to take chances in the future :teehee:

since this is a new build, I must include the cost approach, and must have some local, supportable pricing on certain aspects of the appraisal.

Kelly's last statement jives with what I found online in response to RFP's over the past 2 years so I'll float it past the boss Monday to see if it's supportable enough.

The cost figures for this 10k market that were supplied to us, exceed the initial acquisition/purchase price of a 110,000+ sq ft Ramco Gershenson redevelopment not that far away so we'll see where this ends up...

more than likey I'm guessing that we'll end up in a situation where cost <> value. for those of you with tens of thousands of dollars invested into your wheeling machines you can probably relate! :sonicjay:

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did the job, and it was $122,000 total...

REO350's aren't very common around here.
I figured you had done it. Thx. I'm guessing that the verbal combined with my research will be a sufficient 'proof' of local cost for the boss.

So this was for a store and you were trying to sell me that for my house?

What a dick.

I knew it was a bit pricey.:mad:
He was trying to make sure you didn't have a local brown out what with all of the Christmas Tree lights, plasma TV's, and in bedroom "appliances" you guys have... :teehee: :sonicjay:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.