Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes, we'd all like stuff "cheap to free" once in a while. And yes, we all have a hobby that costs money. Here's a newsflash...Get creative to get your parts "cheap to free", and quit expecting something for nothing all of the time. I part stuff out to get the parts I need, as taking a $15K pay cut a year ago has had a slight impact on my budget. :eek: I'm as broke or broker than the next guy. :sonicjay:

In summary, repeat "cheap or free" offenders (unless I know you, in which case you'd probably check with me before posting publicly anyway) may be:

1. Ridiculed publicly and/or privately. :tonka:
  2. Nominated by me for weekly banninations by subscribing greatlakes4x4 members.
  3. Upcharged significantly for my parts for being a panhandling clown.
  4. Blacklisted completely from my parts offerings.
  5. Ostracized by me and my peeps.

I had to work hard and pay for everything I have owned. You "entitlement generation" slackers should get a clue...if you want something, work and/or pay for it. Otherwise, take up an inexpensive hobby such as hiking; one pair of hiking boots will take you a long way on very little cash. :thumb:

Craig (or some of you may say I should sign this "Rosie")

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Shit I would just be happy if the people that say they are coming for parts, that I wait around for all day, or make arrangements with because they are 3 hours+ away would actually make good on the deal.

I have sold my wheels/spacers 3X now and nobody showed when they said they would.

·
Silver Lake
6,547 Posts
You're right Craig. Seems like things are getting worse. I don't think anyone is trying to retire off of selling things, just trying to offer a fair deal for fair parts. Seems honest enough to me for people to do what they say and not bitch about it

42,949 Posts
I think the main reason is the number of people on this site now.. It used to be 300 or 400 people who knew each other and what not. With 15-20 new members a day, a lot of new guys are looking to get a good deal. I don't understand whats wrong with ignoring them?

·
CRRRAZZZYYYYY Cooter!
381 Posts
I think the main reason is the number of people on this site now.. It used to be 300 or 400 people who knew each other and what not. With 15-20 new members a day, a lot of new guys are looking to get a good deal. I don't understand whats wrong with ignoring them?
Happens to every site. Welcome to Hell, Michigan :sonicjay:

·
I have an avatar. Yippee.
4,290 Posts
Classics nomination! :woot:

• best thread title in quite some time
  • BEST FUGGIN' YOU TUBE LINK EVAH!!!
  • Craig rants are outlined, italicized, and well punctuated
  • another street cred for the I'm Gonna Git You Sucka clip! :woot:

I wish I had my buyer qualifications/rules from MJ. :tonka:

·
All out Idiot
1,714 Posts
the only thing i can give away for free is asskickins. otherwise i have nothing of value to give away.

·
GetNthere
226 Posts
I love it when I post a part for sale and it is way less than any junkyard would charge and the bastards want you to give it to them and ship it as well! WTF!! I am always looking for good deals but wouldn't expect things to just be handed to me!

·
Ranger Addiction?
2,064 Posts
I even occasionally overpay for my parts, especially if I'm late or something. I completely agree with you Craig, things cost money, and I save and budget for them. I have asked for a few things "cheap-to-free" before, but I tried to leave it up to those selling to say yes or no to the price.

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Guess I will keep buying from my other supplier that gives me free stuff once in a while to keep me coming back:sonicjay:
Hey, ya' rat bastard...I have your FREE brake proportioning valve here for you (I actually haven't removed it yet, though).

You better put me on your ignore list. Now that I know it bothers you, I am going to offer you .04¢ for whatever you have for sale..

:woot:

J/K. :sonicjay:
Thanks JEEPR...much appreciated. :sonicjay:

Craig

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 90 Posts