Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The West Michigan Kayak club is paddling from 5 mile to Silver Creek Campground, this Saturday. More info on their web site. This is a meet-up group.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The west MI kayak club will be doing the Pine river again this Saturday. I believe it's 10:00 am Dobson to Low Bridge river is permit free now! Parking $5.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I was told this was where the meet up was if you didn't camp. But it's the wrong info. I have emailed and PM with no replies. It's a different club so that might be why I cant get the info.
Paddle is suppose to be Hodenplye to Red Bridge but now I see it says 1:00. RSVP only!?

·
Premium Member
6,224 Posts
Have you seen any of the photos from the Brown Bridge dam removal on the Boardman yet? Starting to reclaim some nice rapids already! I will try to post photos one of these days, they're on my work computer.

Once all of those dams are out it's going to be one hell of a nice float. Brown Bridge is the most upstream so by next spring we're going to be able to start well above Brown and float down to the Keystone rapids. The dam below the Keystone rapids is the next scheduled removal.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I haven't. I did the Boardman only once ,my first real trip.
I can't afford, a lot so when there is something close to me, I go.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didn't paddle the Manistee. Took a newbie on the Pine. Skookum to Silver Creek campground, he kept saying this is wild this river is crazy. He canoes the Muskegon:).

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Can't wait to get back on the Pine and see what has changed with all this water, I remember a few years ago after all the flooding it was one of our most fun trips!!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Osceola County declared countywide state of Emergancy for flooding of the Muskegon River.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I'm sure the flooding is going to happen 2-3 rain forecasted. I did get my parking permit, for Huron Manistee Forest. But I do not think I'm physically able to sit and paddle. Nor load and unload.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hopefully not this weekend All rivers flooding. Evacuating on Manistee Muskegon and others.

·
WHISKEY-TANGO-FOXTROT
2,981 Posts
Like I posted on my Facebook Group "West Michigan Kayakers"
WHITE WATER is not FLOOD WATER
If you must venture out into the waters now, use caution for flood waters are dangerous and I would like to paddle with you all sometime.
ALWAYS=BE SAFE ON THE WATER, RESPECT THE WATER

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
BE CAREFUL. a friend has a place on the muskegon river. high, rapid water with lots of stuff in the current. he has lost his dock and seen someone's (unmanned) pontoon boat go by. AND.....always carry an extra paddle.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Like I posted on my Facebook Group "West Michigan Kayakers"
WHITE WATER is not FLOOD WATER
If you must venture out into the waters now, use caution for flood waters are dangerous and I would like to paddle with you all sometime.
ALWAYS=BE SAFE ON THE WATER, RESPECT THE WATER

I tried to PM. I've kayaked with that group, have we met?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts