Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Biohazards
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know if there is a way to automatically create folders in outlook? Or automatically create rules?

·
Resident HVAC/R Jambi
10,939 Posts
Yes, to creat folders in outlook itself, or even use the side tool bar/icon area to have folders linked to other drives or areas.

·
The Biohazards
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, to creat folders in outlook itself, or even use the side tool bar/icon area to have folders linked to other drives or areas.
in outlook itself...

I need to create probably 2000 folders with a sequential number

Trying to organize documentation for different projects

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
Bill, to answer your question. I would assume the answer is in performing an action or creating a script to perform the action. I, however, am not versed in that. :(

·
Resident HVAC/R Jambi
10,939 Posts
Do you use the "Navigation Pane?"

Click on View, check "Navigation Pane."

With the "Mail" tab clicked, you will see two areas (probably), one is Favorite Folders, and the other is All Mail Folders, that is where you can creat many Outlook Mail Folders and Name them anything you want. But, your admin for your mail server might hate you :sonicjay:

That is why I have created another folder that is linked to a personal folder on another drive, in that same "All Mail Folders" area.

·
The Biohazards
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah.. spent to much time looking for a quick solution, we are kinda slow, so Hack, me, and another guy are knocking it out...

Hack is fast with the fingers... Val should be pleased lol...

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Yeah.. spent to much time looking for a quick solution, we are kinda slow, so Hack, me, and another guy are knocking it out...

Hack is fast with the fingers... Val should be pleased lol...

it's been a long long time since I played with the server end, but I thought you could create a folder on the server and then do the click/drag technique like excel and have it auto-increment folder creations. Don't know what you'd do for rules though.

·
Resident HVAC/R Jambi
10,939 Posts
Do you use the "Navigation Pane?"

Click on View, check "Navigation Pane."

With the "Mail" tab clicked, you will see two areas (probably), one is Favorite Folders, and the other is All Mail Folders, that is where you can creat many Outlook Mail Folders and Name them anything you want. But, your admin for your mail server might hate you :sonicjay:

That is why I have created another folder that is linked to a personal folder on another drive, in that same "All Mail Folders" area.
Bio, was any of that helpful, or not?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts