Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after me whining forever about wanting to get a nylint and not being able to find them anymore, my wife found some hiding at our local walmart yesterday and picked 2 of them up. unfortunately they didn't have the big 1:6 scale nylints, only the little 1:18 scale. she got me the yellow scorpion, and got herself the red unlimited.

this morning we went to play with them, and noticed that one of us would intermittently loose control over the nylint and they wouldn't respond. so now we were a little disapointed and frustrated, because we wanted these so we could play together. i had one of the nylints set to channel 1 and the other to channel 4 at the time.

any ideas why they seem to be interfering with each other???

i've played with one of the big 1:6 scale ones before, so i was a little disapointed that the small 1:18 doesn't have the shift on the fly and doesn't have the proportionate steering. but it's still cool. the flex could use a little helping.

· Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BlaineWasHere said:
Cut a few coils off the springs and the flex will be WAY better.

how does cutting the springs make it flex better???

i also noticed on my scorpion, that the "differential" is so big, that it hits the front of the belly before it completely reaches the top of it's flex. guess i'll have to do some searching online and see what i can do to mod them a little bit.

· Registered
888 Posts
scorpio_vette said:
how does cutting the springs make it flex better???

i also noticed on my scorpion, that the "differential" is so big, that it hits the front of the belly before it completely reaches the top of it's flex. guess i'll have to do some searching online and see what i can do to mod them a little bit.

You will be much happier to take the coils out all together. Just have the shock body no coil. It brings the center of gravity down and flexs nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.