Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has any input, I have a 88 3/4 ton burb, full floater, 4.10 gears, 6.5 turbo, and 37" mtr's on it. I am going to silver lake the end of august, but both ends are open. Am I asking to get stuck? I also have a set of 37" BFG all terrains that I could swap on. Just don't think I will be able to swing the detroit for the rear before I go. I have never had this truck in the sand before.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
while he's asking about sand. i've never been at the dunes, but am looking forward to going with both our jeeps sometime. would you recommend wider or narrow wheels if not using beadlocks. somebody told me you pop alot of beads at the dunes.

wife= 33x12.5x15 on 10" wide

me=33x10.5x15 on 8" wide

our normal wheeling pressure is 8-10psi. only time i ever popped a beat was in mud, and i did it 5x.

·
The guy Dale doesn't know
4,182 Posts
while he's asking about sand. i've never been at the dunes, but am looking forward to going with both our jeeps sometime. would you recommend wider or narrow wheels if not using beadlocks. somebody told me you pop alot of beads at the dunes.

wife= 33x12.5x15 on 10" wide

me=33x10.5x15 on 8" wide

our normal wheeling pressure is 8-10psi. only time i ever popped a beat was in mud, and i did it 5x.
you'll be fine with where you're at. you might be able to go a little lower. in my blazer i ran 6 in the front 4 in the back. in my 1/2 gmc i ran 8 in the front and 6 in the back. my f150 i have now with 38's i run 5 psi. i have been going up there for quite a few years and, knock on wood, havent lost one yet.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,018 Posts
i ran 4.5 - 5 psi on my 35x12x15 mud kings.

JUST DON'T TRY TO DO DOHNUTS! I have seen a few people do this and pop beads lol.

And just get some momentom to carry you up the hill, and the last hill after the test is steep so go slow over that peak

1 - 20 of 21 Posts