Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Its not mine
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1985 ranger regular cab short box 2wd that custom build. Its set up with independent suspension at all four corners. The front is double A-arm and the rear is a 93 T-bird rear end with VW swing arms. The shocks are 14" fox 2.0 coil overs. Its powered by a 1979 Ford turbo 2.3l with a built C4. The motor was rebuilt with some mods and i put in a need head gasket.The rear axle has 4.30 gears with an alburn limited slip. It has a rear cage with a seat and a 15 gal fuel cell. the front tires are 30" and the rears are 32"s. The inside is custom neoprene.

It needs some work- the carb was just rebuilt and acting up, will run with fuel poured into carb. The timing needs to be set but the carb is stopping that. It also needs a drivers side floor pan-its really the only rust on the truck. The exhaust needs to be put back on and it needs a battery. Truck comes with a clean title and all the lights work. I have almost all the receipts for the build of the truck.

I'm looking to get $2300 obo

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Damn!!! I'm not gettin rid of my F-150 yet! I got a good commuter car but don't think a 00 Ford Contour sport is gonna be pulling anything anytime soon!

·
Its not mine
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The yellow paint is peeling off- the rest would probably come off with a pressure washer. the white underneath is in good shape

·
Registered
169 Posts
damn, didnt know there was anything but mud hill billys in gowen (along with my grandparents)

go to bud's often? i have some fond memories of that place lol

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
has this thing every been used or it is never finsihed project? jw

·
Its not mine
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The previous owners ran it at silver lake. At once time it was a audio shop's show truck. The guy that i bought it from used it for a couple of years at silver and then let it sit for 3 years until i bought it. The intake gasket puked on me so i put that and new head gasket on it and then started to have carb problems. i bought a house and had other projects so its been sitting and every once in awhile ill work on it.

·
Its not mine
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you have a model number? Specs on that specific CO? Shaft Diameter? What springs are on it?
they are either fox 75-1420 or 78-1421s. they are 2.0" with a 7/8 shaft. the springs are 400 over 750. I'm getting this off of the receipts so the spring could of been changed but i doubt it

1 - 20 of 87 Posts