Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Charcoal Mellowed
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have to clean up some dead projects and one of them is a sandrail frame I bought a few months back from a person on e-bay.

It has been owned a few times but never finished / built. The frame is old, pitted and spray painted so it could use a good sandblasting. Someone cut and raised the roof bars and it could have been done alot better. It needs some welding and repair here and there. The windshield frame is less than symmetrical.

I bought it to make a ghettobuggy up-north beater out of all of the VW crap I have sitting at home. Now that I have most of the parts I need, I have spent waaaaay too much on parts and am going to pick up a new frame. (I have found that I need a 4 seater too as the wife is insisting we breed) It is not a very clean frame but it would be a lot of fun once you were done fixing and finishing it.

Frame is as-is. Buggy is set up for king pin front suspension and IRS rear.

I have a set of old terra tires that are weathered and cut, but hold air with tubes - they are on widened vw stock rims. (12" wide I think)

Any questions let me know. I'll have pics up in the a.m.

·
Charcoal Mellowed
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is a pic of it when I had it together. The tires on the back are the ones I mentioned as being available also.

remember I am selling the frame only - no suspension

·
Charcoal Mellowed
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brian,
I called him and left a message... Never heard back.

Thanks for trying for me though. I'll probably still have it when he wants one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts