Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Got spicy flies?
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody is going Musky fishing all day first thing in the morning!!! Musky lures: Check! Metal leaders: Check! Perfect weather: looks like it!! :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Ps. Thanks for the idea Ditchdigger... :thumb:

My lucky one!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
holly crap. you need to take me fishing. the only time i used bait that size (and it was alive) was when i was fishing saltwater down in Georgia.

they actually have fish big enough to eat that bait in freshwater??? biggest i've ever seen was like 15".

·
Got spicy flies?
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well.... let's say that TECHNICALLY I almost caught a Musky or definitely a big ass fish. Just as I switched from the new musky lure to my lucky Bandit. Something took a bite, I yanked, TRIED to reel it in but it was so darn strong to fight it. It cut my line and took my lucky bandit with it! :mad: I also thought that I may have caught the motor but nope, once we checked it out there was nothing wrapped around it.

Other than that, we caught a few little ones, nothing big. It was also very windy and rough. It kinda of sucked.

·
Who's a member?
128 Posts
you should throw em back no matter what size!! quickly and safely hoist the beast up snap a few pics and back in to do it again. good luck and catch a slob

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
you should throw em back no matter what size!! quickly and safely hoist the beast up snap a few pics and back in to do it again. good luck and catch a slob
I haven't ever kept one, my dad kept a 44" once because he couldn't revive it, he tried for quite a while but it just wouldn't go :( So he kept that one, it was mighty tasty though.

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
I haven't ever kept one, my dad kept a 44" once because he couldn't revive it, he tried for quite a while but it just wouldn't go :( So he kept that one, it was mighty tasty though.
eating a fish that size means that you get a huge dose of whatever pollution it has been swimming around in for 10-15 years. the only muskey i ever caught was 34 inches long, but it was on light spinning tackle and a crawler harness fishing for walleye. good luck nena.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
eating a fish that size means that you get a huge dose of whatever pollution it has been swimming around in for 10-15 years. the only muskey i ever caught was 34 inches long, but it was on light spinning tackle and a crawler harness fishing for walleye. good luck nena.
Who said the water up here is polluted? A couple of lakes have high mercury levels, but the rest are good.

·
Got spicy flies?
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys! Someday.... :nana:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Size limit for Musky is 42". Most people (up here at least), throw 'em back when they're that small though.
holly crap.......i'm gonna have to find me an experienced musky fisher to take me out. i might actually be able to enjoy fishing again. shark is to far away from here, but that musky sounds like it might do.

·
Banned
20,292 Posts
Who said the water up here is polluted? A couple of lakes have high mercury levels, but the rest are good.
all lakes have pollution in them, and it becomes concentrated in fish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts