Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Oh noes!!! Baconpockets backfire!

10K views 90 replies 45 participants last post by  dbikers 
#1 ·
For those that don't know, gotrocksinhishead started a new business. This is truly funny.

ONE OFF FABRICATION BASH TRHREAD - JkOwners.com - The Community for Jeep JK 4x4 Owners

This one gets funny on page two:
2 Track Minds Offroad is new to JK owners - JkOwners.com - The Community for Jeep JK 4x4 Owners

In this one, I think he actually reused 2TM's pictures
JK ARB & VIAIR Compressor Brackets - JkOwners.com - The Community for Jeep JK 4x4 Owners

I love it when good things happen to good people. I'm joining JK owners I think. I've got lots of links and pictures to share with the membership over there. Chop's a really good guy (Now that he's not the competition anyway :teehee: ), and this is really eating him up.

#4 ·
I could care less who starts a new venture, everyones gotta make a living. But what is really shitty is going around saying everything is "patent pending" and threatening to sue over shit. Camo on pirate posted some links about the fines applied to companies who falsely sell their products as patent pending while knowing they are not. He can simply show the paper work involved if it is true and settle it all, but I'm sure he won't. Just like his exo-cage I suppose.
Actually Jason, that bracket would cost me about $4 to make and I'll sell them to Unlimited for $10 delivered if you want. I'll drop of a dozen next week ok? :sonicjay:

#9 · (Edited)
Wow, that's pretty shady.
he got the patent pending cause i messed up and gave him the cad file. So that was my fault i trusted him do i regret it yes but i learned a lesson. i was broke needed a job i still never got a job but i did a lot of driving haha i still dont think i will ever get anything out of him for the so called purchase of designs. lol i wish him the best of luck in this industry. and im sure if he ever does get a shop well we will see how that goes. and i have to leave it at that. if anyone wants to know more about me or what ever PM me and i will explain its a very long story.
JkOwners.com - The Community for Jeep JK 4x4 Owners - View Single Post - 2 Track Minds Offroad is new to JK owners

Chop, if that's you as 2TM over on jkowners, good luck to ya. In thinking about it, if you can prove that the CAD file was done by you (timestamps, other proof) and that you didn't sell it, I believe you can go after his patent application.

I don't think his patent can be valid for this reason: you were selling the same bracket and have proof of it by the Jkowners web site. From my understanding in working with patents at work (engineer here, not lawyer); Once it hits production, you can't apply for a patent. Unless he's made improvements on the product, he can't patent it.

Also, if you didn't sell him the drawing with an exclusive rights agreement, then there's nothing saying you can't sell it to somebody else. It's pretty much un-patentable at this point, but that also means that anybody can make and sell them.

Good luck.

#11 ·
Looks like Anthony is attention starved again

Someone who is a member over there should link all the fun baconpockets threads

#12 ·
Once it is supplied to the public, it is very hard to get a patent. There are time frame limitations and if you can prove it was under development, the time can be extended. I believe that if you have sold it longer than one year prior to an application, you're hosed anyway.

Jason, have you sold any of these brackets to the general public? How long ago? Quite honestly, this may be a dead issue and Anthony has spent a ton of money for nothing. Either way, he's once again proving to be a d-bag.

#15 ·
You have to have the application filed before it gets viewed by anyone other than "internal".

Basically, without even going into it... he would have had to have that patent filed about a year ago or before anyone else beat him to market. It's BS.... And all you would have to do is make it mount to something other than the brake booster and you'd get around any issues. You could also probably just call it a flower pot holder and not have patent issues.... if anything is even pending. Someone look up everything filed by him, it could get interesting! :sonicjay:

#16 ·
We have several patents here and actually have a couple pending right now. Each circumstance seems to be a little different. In a perfect world, you should never show anything to Joe Public before an application. If you do, there is a time frame. But no matter what, if anyone has duplicated it prior to your application, you're pretty much hosed. Unless there's a shit load of money to be made, you're usually better off to try to saturate the market quickly & hope that no one else thinks it's worth the competition. I can't picture the returns on a simple bracket to be worth the patent money.

#27 ·
koz was working on the build, anthony just had to have it for some car show or something... koz told him it wasnt done and wasnt safe to be driven. Anthony didnt care, he just wanted it. koz told him if he takes it he has to use a trailer because it was not safe to be driven. anthony went and got it and drove down the freeway with it when the steering linkage came apart from... you guessed it... not being safe to drive on the road. Anthony almost kills people, blames koz even though koz had him sign some disclosure about it's condition and the real story didnt come out until well after koz got a bad name for it.

That's the cliffs notes as I remember it.

#37 ·
I've thought he was a total fucking douche since like 2001, I've never bit my tongue. He's attempted to "bury the hatchet" with me, he's nice to me, he is an "ok" guy. But he continually proves his douchery.

Sorry anthony, I may not want to kick your ass anymore, but I bet Chop does now.

#33 · (Edited)
This has been moved from a private forum to the pub with permission from the OP---

So let me get this straight.

Chop designs a cool ARB mount for a now out of business company.

Chop gives it to exo-cage-rhino-douche so he can make a few, but instead exo-cage-rhino-douche patents it

exo-cage-rhino-douche doesn't give chop any cash, and now won't allow anybody else make it because he patented it.

?

#35 ·
As an outsider that has observed for a while and seen many discussions about him this is suprising and not. It appeared that many people absolutely could not stand this buy around and definately after the accident. He took alot of shit for a long time. Once he finished his jeep and started to compete alot of people liked him and jumped on the wagon. Even some of the people that repeatedly bashed him were starting to give respect. Now with this coming to light it looks like its back to square one with the bashing and bacon pockets jokes(bring em on).

#42 ·
I had a dealing with this guy once, not long after he rolled the Jeep he was paying Koz to build...somehow he hooked up with a friend of mine (Nick) to get some welding done, and then Nick sent him to me to do some electrical repairs...spent about 40 minutes on the phone with him giving him step by step directions from Durand to Owosso (about a 15-20 minute drive)...

then, he actually called me on Christmas day, wanting me to finish the repairs on his electrical problems...my phone rang, and I was confused, because I was with all of my family at the time, and didnt think anyone else would be calling me..when I saw who it was, I just let it go to voicemail, and shut the phone off...he called I think 3 times...I never called him back

#48 ·
I don't know most of you guys and I hope that changes one day but this is some major bullshit. I hope that the person in the right [Chop] gets what he obviously EARNED by designing this part. I hate to see bad things happen to good people. Whatever comes of this I hope that rat bastard[anthony] gets what he deserves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.