Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,158 Posts
Depends........ are you on a forest "road" or are you in a state park or private park?

If you are on a forest road, you need to be driving a street legal vehicle so I am sure the answer is yes.

If you are in a park type setting, you should check with the park management.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
ORV Parks require a valid drivers license. The only place you can drive with a suspended license is on private property.

·
Recovering XJ owner
5,620 Posts
It would be at a designated orv park such as westbranch or drummond island
The only "orv park" I know of in West Branch is :gman: backyard. I don't think that nec open to the public though??

I'm pretty sure you'll want a drivers license in West Branch too! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Come to think of it, you may be able to get away with presenting an ORV safety training certificate in place of a drivers license. Check with the DNR. They offer the courses.

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
If you check in the ORV rules, it clearly states under "Prohibited acts" operation of any ORV while your licence is suspended. so its private property only, and no you can't substitute a ORV safety cert.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
If you check in the ORV rules, it clearly states under "Prohibited acts" operation of any ORV while your licence is suspended. so its private property only, and no you can't substitute a ORV safety cert.
Kool - thx for checking that out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts