Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The old Liberty was rated at 5,000 lbs, but the new one is only 2,000 lbs. I thought both had the same drivetrain, just that the new one was more updated. I was looking at the Nitro first and was shocked by the towing capacity so then I looked at the Liberty.

All of the other models have increased towing capacity from the previous years, so what gives?

·
Premium Member
10,939 Posts
Proof that the only thing Jeep is good at is contributing to the "puss-ification" of the brand.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
it must be the home depot way

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,161 Posts
So let me get this straight.........

Your telling us your even MORE of a girl than we already knew you were by thinking about buying ANOTHER liberty.......

Boy, someone needs to cut off yer balls

·
Me balls are huge
2,543 Posts
The old Liberty was rated at 5,000 lbs, but the new one is only 2,000 lbs. I thought both had the same drivetrain, just that the new one was more updated. I was looking at the Nitro first and was shocked by the towing capacity so then I looked at the Liberty.

All of the other models have increased towing capacity from the previous years, so what gives?
Towing capacity or payload? Where did you find the 2,000 lb spec?

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
Lifetime powertrain warranty=cover your ass with light tow ratings

and you might be able to speculate that they changed gearing more towards fuel economy versus towing capacity

1 - 20 of 35 Posts