Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
taking some auto classes down at Occ Auburn Hills, anyone here go there for auto? I was just curious how good it is, dont expect it to be as good as a big school. My schedule says its a "Lecture", is that really what it means? I would think itd be a more hands on class....:confused:

·
Banned
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a lot of theory in Automotive Technology classes. Not everything can be hands on.
yeah
the class is supposed to prepare u for the ASE test so i dont see how a lecture class could do that...u learn by hands on experience right!? lol

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
Actually no, you make a little money by hands on experience, you pass the ASE by knowing how it works, what would make it not work, what all will be affected when it doesn't work, and hands on experience.

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Actually no, you make a little money by hands on experience, you pass the ASE by knowing how it works, what would make it not work, what all will be affected when it doesn't work, and hands on experience.
x2

The ASE tests are not easy. Instead of just knowing that this "thingamajiggy" goes here and such, you'll learn everything about that said "thingamajiggy".

I hope my piss poor example helps.

·
Banned
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i see i see...i kno the tests are hard i already took the suspension/steering test..i missed it by one point! ugh ! Alright thanks for the input everyone.

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
I'm gonna get ASE certified in all the areas first. Afterwards i may decide to complete for the degree, dunno for sure yet.
Keep Ferris State in mind if you want to get your bachelor's in something Automotive related. There are two degrees they offer. One is Automotive Engineering Technology, which is an accredited engineering degree with a focus in automotive...obviously.

The other is Automotive Management (formerly Automotive and Heavy Equipment Management) and is basically a business degree with a focus in the automotive business. Ferris is only one in five schools that has this type of degree, and many companies come knocking on the door searching for graduates of this program.

http://www.ferris.edu/htmls/colleges/technolo/department_desc.cfm?DepartmentID=2 for more info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts