Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Motrcytman's spouse
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we flew two of our daughters home for the weekend and of course, NWA cancels one of the return flights.

Her flight was suppose to leave Sat. at 3:30pm out of Metro.

I login to their site at 8:30am and find it cancelled. No email from them, no phone call warning that they had cancelled. :( Their great system won't allow you to book a replace flight on line even though it shows the options and has an active link to try to book, and the 1-800 number gives a message that the call traffic is too large and call back later. :(

I finally got through via phone by selecting the option that I wanted to purchase a new ticket.

No flights what-so-ever that day, Beth had to leave on Saturday...

We tried Flint, and there was one seat on a flight on Delta that included a layover, not ideal since she has her baby but that is all we could get.

I really hate NWA. This is complete B.S. That was really stressful and I'm pissed that I paid for a direct flight and she had to change planes in Atlanta.

·
rack tap re-rack click
13,502 Posts
I hope NWA goes under with all the crap they have put people through in the last couple of months. I feel for your family, that totally blows!!

·
Are we there yet?
1,994 Posts
Yeah, NWA bites - every time I have flown with them I end up getting major delays that result in missed or canceled flights!

·
I was born in the desert
1,719 Posts
NWA lost my luggage for a week so I switched to Frontier Airlines. No layovers and cheaper too. 222.00 with taxes from DTW to DEN, couldn't drive it for that price.

·
I got a gold chain
16,447 Posts
I fly to Boston next week. I hope they are back to work by then.
New month, more flight hours.

I've had some shitty flights with them the last couple years.
4+ hours sitting on a plane at metro.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
I fly to Boston next week. I hope they are back to work by then.
New month, more flight hours.

I've had some shitty flights with them the last couple years.
4+ hours sitting on a plane at metro.
Thats insane flying into Logan. You're better off flying into Providence and getting a ride.

·
I got a gold chain
16,447 Posts
Thats insane flying into Logan. You're better off flying into Providence and getting a ride.
That's what we do every time. My brother inlaw picks us up at Providence.

I'm more concerned with the plane getting off the ground from DTW, on time.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
That's what we do every time. My brother inlaw picks us up at Providence.

I'm more concerned with the plane getting off the ground from DTW, on time.
Yeah, that was my mom's problem when she flew out in June. She spent all of 20 minutes total on the tarmac and in the airport at Providence. Yet she sat at DTW for 1.5 hours going out and 2.5 hours coming back mostly out on the taxiway.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,160 Posts
Yeah, I gotta go overseas on Lufthansa this weekend. Since they are an affiliate of NWA I hope they aren't as screwed up.

For the past year, we have been flying quite a bit on a corporate Lear Jet. They carry your bags, get you coffee & donuts, & you get to leave your cell phone on.

Way cool!

·
I got a gold chain
16,447 Posts
Yeah, I gotta go overseas on Lufthansa this weekend. Since they are an affiliate of NWA I hope they aren't as screwed up.

For the past year, we have been flying quite a bit on a corporate Lear Jet. They carry your bags, get you coffee & donuts, & you get to leave your cell phone on.

Way cool!
Don't they come with hookers too?

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
United Airlines sucks, too. I had quite an experience with them last summer (in Chicago O'Hare). I won't fly United again, nor will I EVER travel through O'Hare.

Craig

1 - 20 of 32 Posts