Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Be American,Buy American.
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll.
Im looking into doubling up a t-case setup on my xj'. Does anyone lnow were I can find Transfer-case doubler kits/adapters for a jeep np231/np241? Is there any companys/shops out there that sell a kit/adapter?

I did a quick search on google, but only found doubler kits for 205's and 203's.
I would consider swapping in a total different t-case setup doubled, but Id really like to find an adapter/kit for the jeep np231-np241, since I have a 241 in my current xj, and I have a 231 in a parts jeep.
I just want to build a rig with unlimeted capabilitys, and Ive been wanting to twin-case a jeep since I could remeber. If not, what other options could I go with besides just re-gearing the diff's(already have 4.56) and getting and atlas.
Thanks.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Never seen a 231/241 doubler. Maybe some of the old school divorced cases might be made to work, something like a DanaSpicer 24.

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
even if i can find and adapter to adapt a 231 to 231, 231 or 241 to d300, and since the np205 is actually the same as a 241, maybe and adapter for a 231 or 241 to 205.
Any other ideas?
Ive come to the conclusion, I will spend some cash and buy a diff' setup of t-case's, But what would be a good fairly cheap and fairly easy set of t-cases i could double up and make fit in and xj?
Anybody know anything about dana300s and were i can get a flip kit? and what all do you have to do to swap a dana 300 into a 89 xj auto? Cuz I can get a dana300 for 250$, but wanted some info on what I'd have to do to swap it in, and some personal opinions of you guys out there that may have done it.
thanks.

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never seen a 231/241 doubler. Maybe some of the old school divorced cases might be made to work, something like a DanaSpicer 24.
how about a 231 to 231 adapter? Or 231-205? or something to adapt a 205 to.
Thanks for your input, but i wanna keep with the NP cases, possible a dana300. I dont know much about dana cases, Ive rebuilt NP cases more time then i can count so im familar with them, and wanted to stick with them.

·
JACK STAND WHEELER
434 Posts
Search pirate4x4 there is a ton of info on doublers. There is a kit called box of rocks that will double up you 231 to 241 or d300 od 205 I forgot the name of the company that its made by. Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts