Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
My fiancés 08 jku with 140k miles only has rust where the paint got chipped off from a dent, other than that pretty much spotless. Her dads 07 jku only has it on the door hinges

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Added that plug and play remote start. And for the basics of the remote start, it was literally plug and play.

Removed trim on steering column, unplugged ignition switch, plugged jumper harness in. Plugged in module, zip tied module out of way, and done. Hit lock three times on factory key/fob and it starts.

I didn't bother with the door jamb switch, hood switch, or parking lights. I might add the parking lights later. That requires a relay getting wired in and I didn't wanna mess with it this morning.

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
I've been finding glass in the dash, and there's a small dent at the bottom of the windshield frame on the passenger side. I assumed a branch made the dent and broke the glass earlier in its life.

I was watching the news Friday morning, they were doing a bit on turkeys and cars. And they showed this pic.

FB_IMG_1490962123458 by Cheapthrillb2, on Flickr

Guess that explains the glass, it wasn't a branch after all lol.

·
Haggard Fab
11,993 Posts
I've been finding glass in the dash, and there's a small dent at the bottom of the windshield frame on the passenger side. I assumed a branch made the dent and broke the glass earlier in its life.

I was watching the news Friday morning, they were doing a bit on turkeys and cars. And they showed this pic.

Guess that explains the glass, it wasn't a branch after all lol.
Thats random.

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
New bilstein shocks to replace the 250,000 mile old oe rear shocks as well as some bilstein fronts to replace the wore out superlift fronts.

Glad that brake hose wasn't restricting fluid flow. See that all to often. Pretty common screw up when people do their own brakes.

20170423_143703 by Cheapthrillb2, on Flickr

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Sold the rear bumper, bought a poison spyder jk bfh II. But didn't get the template for the frame chop. So waiting on that for the install.

Also found a 5.3 LS 4L65E donor for her......

:sonicjay:

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
They can if you do 07+. They both can communicate via the can bus. But with hers I'll more then likely look into doing a aftermarket cluster with gauges from speedhut. But waiting to see if I like speedhut stuff on my jeep before deciding on hers.

·
Unchained
1,965 Posts
when your door handle sticks out past the "bumper", what function does it serve besides pleasing aesthetics? (it looks good but that's an expensive fashion statement)

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
For a mall crawler, she shouldn't have much issues. Didn't care for the ranch bumper that was only frame wide and stuck a foot past the back. She didn't like the carrier because it blocked her view in the mirror. And without the carrier installed it had tabs that stuck out the back of the bumper that hurt when running into them.

And if/when this gets used, I'm sure when dropping off a ledge more then likely the handle will get spared from contact. Unless she backs square into a wall I don't see a concern.

Ranch bumper also didn't have any recovery points, and with how cheesy the "hitch" attached to the rear crossmember, I would really consider that a recovery point either.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts