Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background on the truck: '98 K1500, 350, replaced both heads last week, complete tune-up including fuel filter 8,000 miles ago. Milage is 228,000.

On the way to work this morning and it started sputtering and losing power. At first id didn't respond to the increase in gas pedal, then slowly straitened out cyl by cyl, then ran fine the rest of the way. I got to work, shut it off, then restarted it without issue. 12 hours later I try to start and it just cranks. Checked for spark and nothing. It has power to the coil. I took the ing module to Autozone and it's not listed in their book. The guy said some of the newer ones can't be tested :confused: Is this true??

Does this sound like an ignition module problem? Can it be tested somewhere? Possible connection issue with any certain part involved with the head swap? Ideas I should look into?

Tim

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Defiantly ignition module as a start since it wont start now. While you are there inspect the wires to the stator and make sure they are not cracked (I just replaced one like that).

Others to try are fuel pump, fuel filter, and relay.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
how did you test for spark?

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
the part your missing is reading the crank sensor. its the first thingto go in them. if you did your heads you may have knocked a bunch of crud in the pan, if so there could be a turd on the sensor blocking it.

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the part your missing is reading the crank sensor. its the first thingto go in them. if you did your heads you may have knocked a bunch of crud in the pan, if so there could be a turd on the sensor blocking it.

Maybe something along the line of goo from the 2.5 gal of water/oil mix that filled the pan?:tonka:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts