Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was my DD explorer for the last two years........But with my recent purchase of my F250, i'm going to start wheeling the explorer with the family. My B2 is just not family friendly. So i am using the axles from the B2 and building up the Ex. Plan to run 35's and drive it to events vs trailering like i do with my B2.

Here it is right after i bought, i had already removed the ground effects and put some 31's on it by the time i took the pic.

4" Lift and 32x11.50s

33x12.50s

Little Ditch flex in my Yard

and how it sits tonite (started on it around 4:30 pm, but done for the nite, start again in the morning pending hangover lol)

·
Premium Member
22,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Front axle is in

had to Lengthened the front drive shaft to fit

all that is left up front is to finish the bumper and trim some fender and drill to holes in the rear spring mount to frame and bleed the brakes.

Still have to hang shocks in rear, lengthen rear drive shaft, and relocate the leaf spring mounts on the axle, bleed brakes.

I plan to run 35x12.50s on it, but damn it looks so sexy on 38's

·
It Lives once again!!!!
3,510 Posts
It looks sweet with the 38's, I say trim the rust away and open up the wheel wells alittle and run it that way. I'm trying to talk my step son into doing this with the Exploder we gave him, can't wait to show him these photos.

·
Premium Member
22,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the 38's won't stay on it, their the only rims i have that fit the axles at the moment.

I am building this truck so i can drive to events and take the family wheeling, the 38s are for my b2 which is the trailer queen. Once i get my hands on the 35's they will be going on it instead.

·
It Lives once again!!!!
3,510 Posts
What axles did you put under this? Can you post some pictures of how you did the front suspension? I'm really hoping this will light a fire under the boys ass. As he really would like his explorer to look more like a truck than a soccer Mom ride...

1 - 20 of 163 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.