Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1978 Chevy K5 Blazer. I have had it listed in the part out thread however i have nowhere to store the drivetrain once i take it out. I want to see if I can get rid of this whole.

The truck has a newer 350 with a Turbo 350 trans. Tires are 38" Super Swamper TSL's. All 4 tires are new in the last 2 years. I also have a warn tire for a full size spare. The drivetrain is solid. The body is rough but makes it a perfect project or wheeler. Needs a few minor fixes.

$1200 firm I have put that much in the tires alone. Not to mention the new motor i put in 3 years ago.

Email [email protected]

·
Registered
20 Posts
could you elaborate a little on the fixes that are needed and which parts of the body are the roughest, for example are there holes in the floor or anything. Also do you think it could make it on a pretty long trip up north where I live. Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry I did not elaborate on the fixes earlier. The motor is not getting gas from the tank. I replaced the fuel pump and still nothing. The motor will run when i stick the fuel line in a can of gas. So something with the tank (im no mechanic). Also The front pinion seal needs to be replaced as all the front diff fluid leaked from there. I have the seal just have not gotten it put on. So with those 2 problems the truck is not driveable as is however both could be real simple fixes. The only other problem is the body, its great for offroading as scratches do not matter. I would not use this as a dd. Last winter i did go through and replace the rest of the front seals and bearings. Truck has new brakes all around. With the new brakes, tires, and motor this can be a great wheeler with a little work. I do have the truck on a trailer already and will help with delievery if the price is right.

·
No 4X4. :-(
455 Posts
I think he meant "Worn" LOL

I'd like some more pictures as well. Also, in the pictures above this looks like a full convertible? If so that's awesome. I love 'em

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I took these pictures this past weekend. Obviously the body is rough but the engine and tires are all new. Makes a great wheeler with few worries of damage.

Also, once the truck is gone the trailer is going for for sale that you see in the pic. Its a 2007 PJ deckover with 14000 gvw and flip up ramps. But again not till AFTER the truck is gone. Just thought I'd give some of you something to think about.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.