Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This chassis is in great shape with little to no rust, just as a minor scrape down the one side. Motor is blown, auto / transfer case / and axles should be OK but need to be gone through.

Decided to put a motor in it and keep it. NO LONGER FOR SALE.

Thank you everyone that expressed interest.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Prior owner said the motor had gone out and had begun to take it apart, then left for an unknown period of time. They told me it has set for a couple of years when I bought it (this past spring). I have a very tight 96 XJ 4.0 / 5-speed, was going to swap everything into it but have now changed jobs and have no time. Thanks for asking...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured, no worries I just chose to go with it. I haven't looked at it since May or so and its at a friend's house. From what I recall they began taking off the bolt-ons and may have exposed the valve train. At this point, I would consider it a loss or a machine shop redo. It should be consider a rolling chassis with drive train minus the motor.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's kind of the point. I don't know what a fair price might be. I'm hopeful the knowledgeable folks here will help me sort that out. I'm only wanting any offer discussions to be by private message, or if no one is interested, folks can help advise me what a fair price might be on Craigslist. Thanks for the inquiry.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
That's kind of the point. I don't know what a fair price might be. I'm hopeful the knowledgeable folks here will help me sort that out. I'm only wanting any offer discussions to be by private message, or if no one is interested, folks can help advise me what a fair price might be on Craigslist. Thanks for the inquiry.
Id say more than 500 but under 1000. 1000 wouldnt be an issue without the damage... And thats based on asking pricing.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You might want to start at what you paid for it.
Yeah, well I'm trying not to be greedy and also not give it away.

I'm a big fan of matching up the right buyer to the right deal, don't want to take advantage of anyone.

What I paid of it is not really an issue. Its more like I have three separate Jeep projects going and want to reduce it to two.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I need to raise some money. No time for this project.

This chassis is in great shape with little to no rust, just as a minor scrape down the one side. Motor is blown, auto / transfer case / and axles should be OK but need to be gone through.

Note this was a daily driver to work and back for a lady its whole life, never off-road'd its whole life. Then I bought it for a restore project.

Whats it worth? Can be seen in Union City MI.

Thanks
I'm looking for a vehicle for my daughter. She starts drivers education in the spring. I've got a good 4.0 sitting in storage. I've got some jeep parts left around but not much other than the engine. I'd be interested in the XJ. What would your cash price be? Are there things you need for your other projects?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm looking for a vehicle for my daughter. She starts drivers education in the spring. I've got a good 4.0 sitting in storage. I've got some jeep parts left around but not much other than the engine. I'd be interested in the XJ. What would your cash price be? Are there things you need for your other projects?
Private message sent.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts